Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
Democrat • New York • 4th Term • Sworn In 2007
- 51 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 8 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 20 of 100)
- 264 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 4 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 49 of 100)
Born in Albany, Gillibrand graduated from Dartmouth College and the University of California, Los Angeles Law School. After graduation, she worked as a law clerk on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. During the Clinton Administration, she served as Special Counsel to the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. At the time she ran for Congress in 2006, she was a partner in the law firm Boies, Schiller & Flexner. She and her husband Jonathan have two children.
- Today: 10
- Past Seven Days: 63
- All-Time: 61,751
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Water and Wildlife
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2120Read twice and referred Mar 12, 2014 6 Views
A bill to expand the prohibition on the manufacture, distribution, and importation of children's products that contain phthalates, and for oth...
S.2108 - National STEM Education Tax Incentive for Teachers Act of 2014Read twice and referred Mar 11, 2014 10 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to encourage teachers to pursue teaching science, technology, engineering, and mathematics s...
S.2057Read twice and referred Feb 27, 2014 5 Views
A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 198 Baker Street in Corning, New York, as the "Specialist Ryan...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.384Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Mar 13, 2014 9 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate concerning the humanitarian crisis in Syria and neighboring countries, resulting humanitarian ...
S.2101Read twice and referred Mar 10, 2014 12 Views
A bill to amend the Interstate Land Sales Full Disclosure Act to clarify how the Act applies to condominiums.
S.Res.377Resolution agreed to in Senate Mar 13, 2014 18 Views
A resolution recognizing the 193rd anniversary of the independence of Greece and celebrating democracy in Greece and the United States.
Recent Voting History
H.R. 3370: Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2013
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 3370Aye (with party)March 13, 2014
S. 1086: Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill S. 1086Aye (with party)March 13, 2014
On the Nomination PN1179: Caroline Diane Krass, of the District of Columbia, to be General Counsel of the Central Intelligence AgencyAye (with party)March 13, 2014