Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
Democrat • New York • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2009
- 58 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 8 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 99)
- 330 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 5 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 36 of 100)
Born in Albany, Gillibrand graduated from Dartmouth College and the University of California, Los Angeles Law School. After graduation, she worked as a law clerk on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. During the Clinton Administration, she served as Special Counsel to the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. At the time she ran for Congress in 2006, she was a partner in the law firm Boies, Schiller & Flexner. She and her husband Jonathan have two children.
- Today: 11
- Past Seven Days: 76
- All-Time: 62,857
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Water and Wildlife
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2551 - Technology and Research Accelerating National Security and Future Economic Resiliency Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 26, 2014 8 Views
A bill to amend the Small Business Act to establish the Innovative Approaches to Technology Transfer Grant Program.
S.2527 - Summer Meals Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 25, 2014 4 Views
A bill to amend the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act to improve the efficiency of summer meals.
S.Con.Res.36On motion to suspend the rules and agree Jun 09, 2014 3 Views
A concurrent resolution permitting the use of the rotunda of the Capitol for a ceremony to award the Congressional Gold Medal to the next of k...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2595Read twice and referred Jul 10, 2014 0 Views
A bill to revise the authorized route of the North Country National Scenic Trail in northeastern Minnesota and to extend the trail into Vermon...
S.2578Read the second time Jul 10, 2014 11 Views
A bill to ensure that employers cannot interfere in their employees' birth control and other health care decisions.
S.2565Read twice and referred Jul 08, 2014 14 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to enhance the dependent care tax credit, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1737: Shaun L. S. Donovan, of New York, to be Director of the Office of Management and BudgetAye (with party)July 10, 2014
S. 2363: Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 2363Aye (with party)July 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1736: Julian Castro, of Texas, to be Secretary of Housing and Urban DevelopmentAye (with party)July 09, 2014