Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
Democrat • New York • 4th Term • Sworn In 2007
- 42 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 11 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 99)
- 220 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 3 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 7 of 100)
Born in Albany, Gillibrand graduated from Dartmouth College and the University of California, Los Angeles Law School. After graduation, she worked as a law clerk on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals. During the Clinton Administration, she served as Special Counsel to the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. At the time she ran for Congress in 2006, she was a partner in the law firm Boies, Schiller & Flexner. She and her husband Jonathan have two children.
- Today: 8
- Past Seven Days: 63
- All-Time: 60,731
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Water and Wildlife
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1752 - Military Justice Improvement Act of 2013Read the second time Nov 21, 2013 7 Views
A bill to reform procedures for determinations to proceed to trial by court-martial for certain offenses under the Uniform Code of Military Ju...
S.1502 - Safe Meat and Poultry Act of 2013Read twice and referred Sep 12, 2013 17 Views
A bill to require the Secretary of Agriculture to protect against foodborne illnesses, provide enhanced notification of recalled meat, poultry...
S.1435 - Clean Ports Act of 2013Read twice and referred Aug 01, 2013 4 Views
A bill to amend title 49, United States Code, to provide certain port authorities, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.1772 - Public Good IRA Rollover Act of 2013Read twice and referred Nov 21, 2013 4 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to expand tax-free distributions from individual retirement accounts for charitable purposes.
S.1757 - Fluke Fairness Act of 2013Read twice and referred Nov 21, 2013 9 Views
A bill to provide for an equitable management of summer flounder based on geographic, scientific, and economic data and for other purposes.
S.Res.305Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2013 8 Views
A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and cultures of Native Americans and the contri...
Recent Voting History
On the Concurrent Resolution S.Con.Res. 28Aye (with party)November 21, 2013
S. 1197: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1197Aye (with party)November 21, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN527: Patricia Ann Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia CircuitAye (with party)November 21, 2013