Sen. Amy Klobuchar
Democrat • Minnesota • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 68 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 5 of 99) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 6 of 99)
- 333 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 4 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
Born in a Twin Cities suburb in 1960, Klobuchar graduated from Yale University and the University of Chicago Law School. After graduation, she joined a private law practice. In 1998, she was elected Hennepin County Attorney, a position to which she was reelected in 2002. Klobuchar and her husband John have one daughter. http://amyklobuchar.com/about/
- Today: 7
- Past Seven Days: 42
- All-Time: 56,982
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Crime and Terrorism
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Action
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.492Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jun 26, 2014 20 Views
A resolution congratulating "A Prairie Home Companion" on its 40 years of engaging, humorous, and quality radio programming.
S.2563 - Improving Driver Safety Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 26, 2014 9 Views
A bill to amend title 23, United States Code, to improve highway safety and for other purposes.
S.2549 - Safe and Affordable Drugs from Canada Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 26, 2014 13 Views
A bill to amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to allow for the personal importation of safe and affordable drugs from approved phar...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2578Introduced in the Senate Jul 09, 2014 9 Views
A bill to ensure that employers cannot interfere in their employees' birth control and other health care decisions.
S.2569Read the second time Jul 09, 2014 15 Views
A bill to provide an incentive for businesses to bring jobs back to America.
S.Res.496Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 07, 2014 20 Views
A resolution relative to the death of the Honorable Alan John Dixon, former United States Senator for the State of Illinois.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1736: Julian Castro, of Texas, to be Secretary of Housing and Urban DevelopmentAye (with party)July 09, 2014
S. 2363: Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2014
On Cloture on the Motion to Proceed S. 2363Aye (with party)July 07, 2014
On the Nomination PN1397: Cheryl Ann Krause, of New Jersey, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third CircuitAye (with party)July 07, 2014