Sen. Amy Klobuchar
Democrat • Minnesota • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 54 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 6 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
- 261 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 5 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 49 of 100)
Born in a Twin Cities suburb in 1960, Klobuchar graduated from Yale University and the University of Chicago Law School. After graduation, she joined a private law practice. In 1998, she was elected Hennepin County Attorney, a position to which she was reelected in 2002. Klobuchar and her husband John have one daughter. http://amyklobuchar.com/about/
- Today: 8
- Past Seven Days: 37
- All-Time: 56,219
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Competitiveness, Innovation, and Export Promotion
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Crime and Terrorism
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Action
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2130Read twice and referred Mar 13, 2014 9 Views
A bill to direct the Secretary of Transportation to temporarily waive certain vehicle weight limits for covered logging vehicles, and for othe...
S.Res.389Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Mar 13, 2014 4 Views
A resolution designating the week of March 9, 2014, through March 15, 2014, as "National Youth Synthetic Drug Awareness Week".
S.2085 - HHEATT Act of 2014Read twice and referred Mar 05, 2014 13 Views
A bill to address shortages and interruptions in the availability of propane and other home heating fuels in the United States, and for other ...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2146Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Mar 13, 2014 6 Views
A bill to establish a United States Patent and Trademark Office Innovation Promotion Fund, and for other purposes.
S.Res.384Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Mar 13, 2014 11 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate concerning the humanitarian crisis in Syria and neighboring countries, resulting humanitarian ...
S.2123Read twice and referred Mar 12, 2014 6 Views
A bill to authorize the exchange of certain Federal land and non-Federal land in the State of Minnesota.
Recent Voting History
H.R. 3370: Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2013
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 3370Aye (with party)March 13, 2014
S. 1086: Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill S. 1086Aye (with party)March 13, 2014
On the Nomination PN1179: Caroline Diane Krass, of the District of Columbia, to be General Counsel of the Central Intelligence AgencyAye (with party)March 13, 2014