Sen. Amy Klobuchar
Democrat • Minnesota • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 69 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 5 of 99) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 6 of 99)
- 334 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 4 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
Born in a Twin Cities suburb in 1960, Klobuchar graduated from Yale University and the University of Chicago Law School. After graduation, she joined a private law practice. In 1998, she was elected Hennepin County Attorney, a position to which she was reelected in 2002. Klobuchar and her husband John have one daughter. http://amyklobuchar.com/about/
- Today: 11
- Past Seven Days: 46
- All-Time: 56,991
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Crime and Terrorism
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Action
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2595Read twice and referred Jul 10, 2014 4 Views
A bill to revise the authorized route of the North Country National Scenic Trail in northeastern Minnesota and to extend the trail into Vermon...
S.2549 - Safe and Affordable Drugs from Canada Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 26, 2014 12 Views
A bill to amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to allow for the personal importation of safe and affordable drugs from approved phar...
S.Res.492Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jun 26, 2014 18 Views
A resolution congratulating "A Prairie Home Companion" on its 40 years of engaging, humorous, and quality radio programming.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2578Read the second time Jul 10, 2014 20 Views
A bill to ensure that employers cannot interfere in their employees' birth control and other health care decisions.
S.2569 - Bring Jobs Home ActRead the second time Jul 09, 2014 20 Views
A bill to provide an incentive for businesses to bring jobs back to America.
S.Res.496Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 07, 2014 26 Views
A resolution relative to the death of the Honorable Alan John Dixon, former United States Senator for the State of Illinois.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1737: Shaun L. S. Donovan, of New York, to be Director of the Office of Management and BudgetAye (with party)July 10, 2014
S. 2363: Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 2363Aye (with party)July 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1736: Julian Castro, of Texas, to be Secretary of Housing and Urban DevelopmentAye (with party)July 09, 2014