Sen. Amy Klobuchar
Democrat • Minnesota • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 72 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 5 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 7 of 100)
- 349 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 5 of 100) 6 Made Into Law (Ranks 8 of 100)
Born in a Twin Cities suburb in 1960, Klobuchar graduated from Yale University and the University of Chicago Law School. After graduation, she joined a private law practice. In 1998, she was elected Hennepin County Attorney, a position to which she was reelected in 2002. Klobuchar and her husband John have one daughter. http://amyklobuchar.com/about/
- Today: 6
- Past Seven Days: 26
- All-Time: 57,311
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Crime and Terrorism
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Action
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.524Referred to the Committee Jul 28, 2014 8 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding global climate change.
S.2655 - EARLY Act Reauthorization of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 24, 2014 3 Views
A bill to reauthorize the Young Women's Breast Health Education and Awareness Requires Learning Young Act of 2009.
S.2599 - Stop Exploitation Through Trafficking Act of 2014Read the second time Jul 15, 2014 6 Views
A bill to stop exploitation through trafficking.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.532Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 31, 2014 20 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning September 7, 2014, as "National Direct Support Professionals Recognition Week".
S.2710 - Philanthropic Enterprise Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 2 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exempt private foundations from the tax on excess business holdings in the case of certai...
S.Res.530Referred to the Committee Jul 30, 2014 13 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the current situation in Iraq and the urgent need to protect religious minorities from pers...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitAye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014