Sen. Amy Klobuchar
Democrat • Minnesota • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 43 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 9 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 99)
- 215 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 5 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 7 of 100)
Born in a Twin Cities suburb in 1960, Klobuchar graduated from Yale University and the University of Chicago Law School. After graduation, she joined a private law practice. In 1998, she was elected Hennepin County Attorney, a position to which she was reelected in 2002. Klobuchar and her husband John have one daughter. http://amyklobuchar.com/about/
- Today: 15
- Past Seven Days: 118
- All-Time: 55,650
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Competitiveness, Innovation, and Export Promotion
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Crime and Terrorism
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Action
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1816Read twice and referred Dec 12, 2013 17 Views
A bill to amend the Trademark Act of 1946 to provide for the registration of marks consisting of a flag, coat of arms, or other insignia of th...
S.1793 - Nicholas and Zachary Burt Memorial Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act of 2013Read twice and referred Dec 10, 2013 9 Views
A bill to encourage States to require the installation of residential carbon monoxide detectors in homes, and for other purposes.
S.1777 - Innovate America ActRead twice and referred Nov 21, 2013 17 Views
A bill to support innovation, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.1840Read twice and referred Dec 17, 2013 4 Views
A bill to allow the Secretary of the Treasury to rely on State examinations for certain financial institutions, and for other purposes.
S.1844Read twice and referred Dec 17, 2013 24 Views
A bill to restore full military retirement benefits by closing corporate tax loopholes.
S.1845 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension ActCloture motion on the motion Dec 20, 2013 50 Views
A bill to provide for the extension of certain unemployment benefits, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN921: Janet L. Yellen, of California, to be Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System for a term of four yearsAye (with party)December 20, 2013
On the Nomination PN12: Brian J. Davis, of Florida, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of FloridaAye (with party)December 20, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN12: Brian J. Davis, of Florida, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of FloridaAye (with party)December 20, 2013