Sen. Amy Klobuchar
Democrat • Minnesota • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 72 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 5 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 6 of 100)
- 343 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 5 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
Born in a Twin Cities suburb in 1960, Klobuchar graduated from Yale University and the University of Chicago Law School. After graduation, she joined a private law practice. In 1998, she was elected Hennepin County Attorney, a position to which she was reelected in 2002. Klobuchar and her husband John have one daughter. http://amyklobuchar.com/about/
- Today: 19
- Past Seven Days: 62
- All-Time: 57,135
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Crime and Terrorism
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Action
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.524Referred to the Committee Jul 28, 2014 9 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding global climate change.
S.2655Read twice and referred Jul 24, 2014 14 Views
A bill to reauthorize the Young Women's Breast Health Education and Awareness Requires Learning Young Act of 2009.
S.2599 - Stop Exploitation Through Trafficking Act of 2014Read the second time Jul 15, 2014 7 Views
A bill to stop exploitation through trafficking.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.530Referred to the Committee Jul 30, 2014 1 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the current situation in Iraq and the urgent need to protect religious minorities from pers...
S.2685Read the second time Jul 30, 2014 5 Views
A bill to reform the authorities of the Federal Government to require the production of certain business records, conduct electronic surveilla...
S.2673 - United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2014Read the second time Jul 29, 2014 16 Views
A bill to enhance the strategic partnership between the United States and Israel.
Recent Voting History
S. 2648: Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 2648Aye (with party)July 30, 2014
S. 2569: Bring Jobs Home Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2569Aye (with party)July 30, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5021Aye (with party)July 29, 2014