Sen. Amy Klobuchar
Democrat • Minnesota • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 57 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 6 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
- 282 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 4 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 25 of 100)
Born in a Twin Cities suburb in 1960, Klobuchar graduated from Yale University and the University of Chicago Law School. After graduation, she joined a private law practice. In 1998, she was elected Hennepin County Attorney, a position to which she was reelected in 2002. Klobuchar and her husband John have one daughter. http://amyklobuchar.com/about/
- Today: 14
- Past Seven Days: 52
- All-Time: 56,478
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Consumer Protection, Product Safety, and Insurance
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Bankruptcy and the Courts
- Crime and Terrorism
- Immigration, Refugees and Border Security
- Oversight, Federal Rights and Agency Action
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2254 - COPS Improvements Act of 2014Read twice and referred Apr 10, 2014 11 Views
A bill to amend the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 to enhance the COPS ON THE BEAT grant program, and for other purposes.
S.2250 - Travel Promotion, Enhancement, and Modernization Act of 2014Read twice and referred Apr 10, 2014 26 Views
A bill to extend the Travel Promotion Act of 2009, and for other purposes.
S.Res.419Referred to the Committee Apr 08, 2014 15 Views
A resolution recognizing the celebration of National Student Employment Week 2014 at the University of Minnesota Duluth.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2249 - Grand Portage Band Per Capita Adjustment ActRead twice and referred Apr 10, 2014 9 Views
A bill to amend the Indian Tribal Judgment Funds Use or Distribution Act to extend a certain income tax exemption to the Grand Portage Band of...
S.2253 - Health Care Fairness and Stability ActRead twice and referred Apr 10, 2014 11 Views
A bill to amend the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to provide for a temporary shift in the scheduled collection of the transitiona...
S.2218 - Subnational Visa Waiver Program Act of 2014Read twice and referred Apr 08, 2014 10 Views
A bill to amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to provide for the eligibility of certain territories and regions for designation for part...
Recent Voting History
On the Motion for Attendance PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitAye (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitAye (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1063: Terrell McSweeny, of the District of Columbia, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner for the unexpired term of seven years from September 26, 2010Aye (with party)April 09, 2014