Sen. Jon Tester
Democrat • Montana • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 34 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 19 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 99)
- 169 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 15 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 7 of 100)
Born in 1956 near the town of Big Sandy, MT, where he now lives, Tester graduated from the University of Great Falls with a degree in music. He worked as a music teacher after graduation. Tester, a third generation farmer, runs an organic farm; he and wife went organic in the 1980s after they realized they could make more money while avoiding the sicknesses that they got from the pesticides.http://www.newwest.net/index.php/main/article/the_good_guy_running_for_us_senate/ As a boy Tester lost parts of three fingers on his left hand in a meat grinding accident.
In 1998, he successfully ran for Montana State Senate, and in 2005 was named Senate President. In Montana, State Senators are term-limited after two four-year terms. In 2005, at the end of his second term, Tester decided to run for the U.S. Senate seat occupied by Sen. Conrad Burns. He and his wife Sharla have two children. http://www.testerforsenate.com/about Read More...
- Today: 8
- Past Seven Days: 41
- All-Time: 35,659
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1744 - Security Clearance Accountability, Reform, and Enhancement ActRead twice and referred Nov 20, 2013 8 Views
A bill to strengthen the accountability of individuals involved in misconduct affecting the integrity of background investigations, to update ...
S.1691 - Border Patrol Agent Pay Reform Act of 2013Read twice and referred Nov 13, 2013 10 Views
A bill to amend title 5, United States Code, to improve the security of the United States border and to provide for reforms and rates of pay f...
S.1573 - Military Family Relief ActCommittee on Veterans' Affairs Oct 30, 2013 4 Views
A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to provide for the payment of temporary compensation to a surviving spouse of a veteran upon the...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.305Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2013 4 Views
A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and cultures of Native Americans and the contri...
S.1697 - Strong Start for America's Children ActRead twice and referred Nov 13, 2013 16 Views
A bill to support early learning.
S.Res.293Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 13, 2013 3 Views
A resolution designating the week beginning on November 18, 2013, as "National Tribal Colleges and Universities Week".
Recent Voting History
On the Concurrent Resolution S.Con.Res. 28Abstain (against party)November 21, 2013
S. 1197: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1197Aye (with party)November 21, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN527: Patricia Ann Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia CircuitAye (with party)November 21, 2013