Sen. Jon Tester
Democrat • Montana • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 59 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 18 of 98) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 17 of 98)
- 269 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 29 of 100) 7 Made Into Law (Ranks 26 of 100)
Born in 1956 near the town of Big Sandy, MT, where he now lives, Tester graduated from the University of Great Falls with a degree in music. He worked as a music teacher after graduation. Tester, a third generation farmer, runs an organic farm; he and wife went organic in the 1980s after they realized they could make more money while avoiding the sicknesses that they got from the pesticides.http://www.newwest.net/index.php/main/article/the_good_guy_running_for_us_senate/ As a boy Tester lost parts of three fingers on his left hand in a meat grinding accident.
In 1998, he successfully ran for Montana State Senate, and in 2005 was named Senate President. In Montana, State Senators are term-limited after two four-year terms. In 2005, at the end of his second term, Tester decided to run for the U.S. Senate seat occupied by Sen. Conrad Burns. He and his wife Sharla have two children. http://www.testerforsenate.com/about Read More...
- Today: 12
- Past Seven Days: 38
- All-Time: 37,980
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.3001 - Wounded Warriors Federal Leave Act of 2014Read twice and referred Dec 11, 2014 8 Views
A bill to amend title 5, United States Code, to provide leave to any new Federal employee who is a veteran with a service-connected disability...
S.Res.590Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 11 Views
A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and cultures of Native Americans and the contri...
S.2960Read twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 3 Views
A bill to provide for rental assistance for homeless or at-risk Indian veterans.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2979Read twice and referred Dec 04, 2014 4 Views
A bill to extend eligibility for hospital care, medical services, and nursing home and domiciliary care for certain veterans who served in a t...
S.Res.588Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2014 9 Views
A resolution recognizing that access to hospitals and other health care providers for patients in rural areas of the United States is essentia...
S.Res.573Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 18, 2014 7 Views
A resolution commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Wilderness Act.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriAye (with party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriAye (with party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Aye (with party)December 16, 2014