Sen. Jon Tester
Democrat • Montana • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 52 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 20 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 257 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 25 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 27 of 100)
Born in 1956 near the town of Big Sandy, MT, where he now lives, Tester graduated from the University of Great Falls with a degree in music. He worked as a music teacher after graduation. Tester, a third generation farmer, runs an organic farm; he and wife went organic in the 1980s after they realized they could make more money while avoiding the sicknesses that they got from the pesticides.http://www.newwest.net/index.php/main/article/the_good_guy_running_for_us_senate/ As a boy Tester lost parts of three fingers on his left hand in a meat grinding accident.
In 1998, he successfully ran for Montana State Senate, and in 2005 was named Senate President. In Montana, State Senators are term-limited after two four-year terms. In 2005, at the end of his second term, Tester decided to run for the U.S. Senate seat occupied by Sen. Conrad Burns. He and his wife Sharla have two children. http://www.testerforsenate.com/about Read More...
- Today: 8
- Past Seven Days: 33
- All-Time: 37,137
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2758Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 16 Views
A bill to authorize the Secretary of the Air Force to modernize C-130 aircraft using alternative communication, navigation, surveillance, and ...
S.2753 - Increasing Student Achievement by Increasing Student Support ActRead twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 7 Views
A bill to increase the recruitment and retention of school counselors, school social workers, and school psychologists by low-income local edu...
S.2590 - Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail Interpretive Center Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 10, 2014 1 Views
A bill to advance the purposes of the Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail Interpretive Center, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2769Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 4 Views
A bill to ensure appropriate judicial review of Federal Government actions by amending the prohibition on the exercise of jurisdiction by the ...
S.2698 - RELIEVE ActRead twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 4 Views
A bill to provide regulatory easement for lending institutions that enable a vibrant economy.
S.2700 - Honor Those Who Served Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 2 Views
A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to identify the persons who are eligible to request headstones or markers furnished by the Secre...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitAye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014