Sen. Jon Tester
Democrat • Montana • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 41 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 17 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 19 of 99)
- 199 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 17 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 6 of 100)
Born in 1956 near the town of Big Sandy, MT, where he now lives, Tester graduated from the University of Great Falls with a degree in music. He worked as a music teacher after graduation. Tester, a third generation farmer, runs an organic farm; he and wife went organic in the 1980s after they realized they could make more money while avoiding the sicknesses that they got from the pesticides.http://www.newwest.net/index.php/main/article/the_good_guy_running_for_us_senate/ As a boy Tester lost parts of three fingers on his left hand in a meat grinding accident.
In 1998, he successfully ran for Montana State Senate, and in 2005 was named Senate President. In Montana, State Senators are term-limited after two four-year terms. In 2005, at the end of his second term, Tester decided to run for the U.S. Senate seat occupied by Sen. Conrad Burns. He and his wife Sharla have two children. http://www.testerforsenate.com/about Read More...
- Today: 10
- Past Seven Days: 46
- All-Time: 36,217
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2098Read twice and referred Mar 06, 2014 6 Views
A bill to ratify and approve certain payments to school districts serving Yellowstone National Park.
S.2061 - Preventing Conflicts of Interest with Contractors ActRead twice and referred Feb 27, 2014 14 Views
A bill to prevent conflicts of interest relating to contractors providing background investigation fieldwork services and investigative suppor...
S.1953 - Oversight Workforce Improvement Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jan 16, 2014 5 Views
A bill to amend certain provisions of the Inspector General Act of 1978 and the Inspector General Improvement Act of 2008, and for other purpo...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2091Read twice and referred Mar 06, 2014 5 Views
A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to improve the processing by the Department of Veterans Affairs of claims for benefits under law...
S.2037 - Critical Access Hospital Relief Act of 2014Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Feb 24, 2014 19 Views
A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to remove the 96-hour physician certification requirement for inpatient critical access...
S.1996 - Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2014Read the second time Feb 06, 2014 32 Views
A bill to protect and enhance opportunities for recreational hunting, fishing, and shooting, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
S. 1917: Victims Protection Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1917Aye (with party)March 06, 2014
S. 1752: Military Justice Improvement Act of 2013
On the Cloture Motion S. 1752Nay (against party)March 06, 2014
On the Nomination PN1106: Rose Eilene Gottemoeller, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International SecurityNay (against party)March 06, 2014