Sen. Bob Corker
Republican • Tennessee • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 10 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 91 of 98) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 51 of 98)
- 95 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 98 of 100) 5 Made Into Law (Ranks 58 of 100)
Raised in Chattanooga, Tenn., Corker graduated from the University of Tennessee in 1974 with a degree in industrial management. After working four years as a construction superintendent, he started his own construction company, Bencor, which he sold in 1990.
In 1999, he purchased the two largest real estate companies in Chattanooga, making him the largest private land owner in Hamilton County, Tennessee. He sold most of these holdings in 2006 to Henry Luken. His business successes have made Corker a multimillionare. Read More...
- Today: 8
- Past Seven Days: 64
- All-Time: 48,227
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2650 - Iran Nuclear Negotiations Act of 2014Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Jul 23, 2014 0 Views
A bill to provide for congressional review of agreements relating to Iran's nuclear program, and for other purposes.
S.2421 - Food for Peace Reform Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 03, 2014 3 Views
A bill to amend the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 (22 U.S.C. 2151 et seq.) to reform the Food for Peace Program, and for other purposes.
S.2277 - Russian Aggression Prevention Act of 2014Read twice and referred May 01, 2014 6 Views
A bill to prevent further Russian aggression toward Ukraine and other sovereign states in Europe and Eurasia, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2946 - Senator Paul Simon Water for the World Act of 2014Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar Dec 08, 2014 6 Views
A bill to provide improved water, sanitation, and hygiene programs for high priority developing countries, and for other purposes.
S.Res.567Referred to the Committee Sep 18, 2014 3 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the possible easing of restrictions on the sale of lethal military equipment to the ...
S.2828 - Ukraine Freedom Support Act of 2014Held at the desk Dec 11, 2014 87 Views
A bill to impose sanctions with respect to the Russian Federation, to provide additional assistance to Ukraine, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Aye (with party)December 16, 2014