Sen. Bob Corker
Republican • Tennessee • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 6 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 84 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 99)
- 49 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 97 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 2 of 100)
Raised in Chattanooga, Tenn., Corker graduated from the University of Tennessee in 1974 with a degree in industrial management. After working four years as a construction superintendent, he started his own construction company, Bencor, which he sold in 1990.
In 1999, he purchased the two largest real estate companies in Chattanooga, making him the largest private land owner in Hamilton County, Tennessee. He sold most of these holdings in 2006 to Henry Luken. His business successes have made Corker a multimillionare. Read More...
- Today: 12
- Past Seven Days: 72
- All-Time: 45,183
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1765 - Iran Nuclear Compliance Act of 2013Read twice and referred Nov 21, 2013 4 Views
A bill to ensure the compliance of Iran with agreements relating to Iran's nuclear program.
S.1217 - Housing Finance Reform and Taxpayer Protection Act of 2013Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Nov 22, 2013 80 Views
A bill to provide secondary mortgage market reform, and for other purposes.
S.1023 - Global Investment in American Jobs Act of 2013Read twice and referred May 22, 2013 5 Views
A bill to direct the Secretary of Commerce, in coordination with the heads of other relevant Federal departments and agencies, to conduct an i...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.1683 - Naval Vessel Transfer Act of 2013Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar Nov 14, 2013 36 Views
A bill to provide for the transfer of naval vessels to certain foreign recipients, and for other purposes.
S.1670 - Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection ActRead twice and referred Nov 07, 2013 35 Views
A bill to amend title 18, United States Code, to protect pain-capable unborn children, and for other purposes.
S.1646Read twice and referred Nov 05, 2013 3 Views
A bill to amend subtitle IV of title 40, United States Code, regarding county additions to the Appalachian region.
Recent Voting History
On the Concurrent Resolution S.Con.Res. 28Nay (with party)November 21, 2013
S. 1197: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1197Nay (with party)November 21, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN527: Patricia Ann Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia CircuitNay (with party)November 21, 2013