Sen. Bob Corker
Republican • Tennessee • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 7 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 86 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 19 of 99)
- 63 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 95 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 3 of 100)
Raised in Chattanooga, Tenn., Corker graduated from the University of Tennessee in 1974 with a degree in industrial management. After working four years as a construction superintendent, he started his own construction company, Bencor, which he sold in 1990.
In 1999, he purchased the two largest real estate companies in Chattanooga, making him the largest private land owner in Hamilton County, Tennessee. He sold most of these holdings in 2006 to Henry Luken. His business successes have made Corker a multimillionare. Read More...
- Today: 10
- Past Seven Days: 61
- All-Time: 45,927
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1765 - Iran Nuclear Compliance Act of 2013Read twice and referred Nov 21, 2013 3 Views
A bill to ensure the compliance of Iran with agreements relating to Iran's nuclear program.
S.1217 - Housing Finance Reform and Taxpayer Protection Act of 2013Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Dec 10, 2013 3 Views
A bill to provide secondary mortgage market reform, and for other purposes.
S.1023 - Global Investment in American Jobs Act of 2013Read twice and referred May 22, 2013 8 Views
A bill to direct the Secretary of Commerce, in coordination with the heads of other relevant Federal departments and agencies, to conduct an i...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.J.Res.33Read twice and referred Mar 05, 2014 13 Views
A joint resolution relating to the approval of the proposed Third Amendment to the Agreement for Co-operation Between the United States of Ame...
S.Res.361Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Feb 25, 2014 28 Views
A resolution recognizing the threats to freedom of the press and expression in the People's Republic of China and urging the Government of the...
S.2011 - Stop Targeting of Political Beliefs by the IRS Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 11, 2014 14 Views
A bill to prohibit the Internal Revenue Service from modifying the standard for determining whether an organization is operated exclusively fo...
Recent Voting History
S. 1917: Victims Protection Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1917Aye (with party)March 06, 2014
S. 1752: Military Justice Improvement Act of 2013
On the Cloture Motion S. 1752Nay (with party)March 06, 2014
On the Nomination PN1106: Rose Eilene Gottemoeller, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International SecurityAye (against party)March 06, 2014