Sen. Bob Corker
Republican • Tennessee • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 7 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 87 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 19 of 99)
- 63 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 96 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 3 of 100)
Raised in Chattanooga, Tenn., Corker graduated from the University of Tennessee in 1974 with a degree in industrial management. After working four years as a construction superintendent, he started his own construction company, Bencor, which he sold in 1990.
In 1999, he purchased the two largest real estate companies in Chattanooga, making him the largest private land owner in Hamilton County, Tennessee. He sold most of these holdings in 2006 to Henry Luken. His business successes have made Corker a multimillionare. Read More...
- Today: 21
- Past Seven Days: 72
- All-Time: 45,962
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1765 - Iran Nuclear Compliance Act of 2013Read twice and referred Nov 21, 2013 3 Views
A bill to ensure the compliance of Iran with agreements relating to Iran's nuclear program.
S.1217 - Housing Finance Reform and Taxpayer Protection Act of 2013Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Dec 10, 2013 5 Views
A bill to provide secondary mortgage market reform, and for other purposes.
S.1023 - Global Investment in American Jobs Act of 2013Read twice and referred May 22, 2013 4 Views
A bill to direct the Secretary of Commerce, in coordination with the heads of other relevant Federal departments and agencies, to conduct an i...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2104Read twice and referred Mar 11, 2014 8 Views
A bill to require the Director of the National Park Service to refund to States all State funds that were used to reopen and temporarily opera...
S.Res.378Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Mar 11, 2014 8 Views
A resolution condemning illegal Russian aggression in Ukraine.
S.J.Res.33Read twice and referred Mar 05, 2014 24 Views
A joint resolution relating to the approval of the proposed Third Amendment to the Agreement for Co-operation Between the United States of Ame...
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1204: Linda Vivienne Parker, of Michigan, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of MichiganAye (against party)March 12, 2014
On the Nomination PN1202: Laurie J. Michelson, of Michigan, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of MichiganAye (with party)March 12, 2014
On the Nomination PN1201: Judith Ellen Levy, of Michigan, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern District of MichiganAye (with party)March 12, 2014