Sen. Bob Corker
Republican • Tennessee • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 7 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 90 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 23 of 100)
- 67 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 96 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
Raised in Chattanooga, Tenn., Corker graduated from the University of Tennessee in 1974 with a degree in industrial management. After working four years as a construction superintendent, he started his own construction company, Bencor, which he sold in 1990.
In 1999, he purchased the two largest real estate companies in Chattanooga, making him the largest private land owner in Hamilton County, Tennessee. He sold most of these holdings in 2006 to Henry Luken. His business successes have made Corker a multimillionare. Read More...
- Today: 8
- Past Seven Days: 59
- All-Time: 46,199
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1765 - Iran Nuclear Compliance Act of 2013Read twice and referred Nov 21, 2013 6 Views
A bill to ensure the compliance of Iran with agreements relating to Iran's nuclear program.
S.1217 - Housing Finance Reform and Taxpayer Protection Act of 2013Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Dec 10, 2013 30 Views
A bill to provide secondary mortgage market reform, and for other purposes.
S.1023 - Global Investment in American Jobs Act of 2013Read twice and referred May 22, 2013 8 Views
A bill to direct the Secretary of Commerce, in coordination with the heads of other relevant Federal departments and agencies, to conduct an i...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.417Referred to the Committee Apr 08, 2014 16 Views
A resolution designating October 30, 2014, as a national day of remembrance for nuclear weapons program workers.
S.Res.407Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Mar 31, 2014 17 Views
A resolution honoring former Senator and Rear Admiral Jeremiah Andrew Denton, Jr.
S.2104 - National Park Access ActRead twice and referred Mar 11, 2014 10 Views
A bill to require the Director of the National Park Service to refund to States all State funds that were used to reopen and temporarily opera...
Recent Voting History
On the Motion for Attendance PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitNay (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitNay (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1063: Terrell McSweeny, of the District of Columbia, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner for the unexpired term of seven years from September 26, 2010Aye (with party)April 09, 2014