Sen. Bob Corker
Republican • Tennessee • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 10 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 88 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 100)
- 87 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 98 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
Raised in Chattanooga, Tenn., Corker graduated from the University of Tennessee in 1974 with a degree in industrial management. After working four years as a construction superintendent, he started his own construction company, Bencor, which he sold in 1990.
In 1999, he purchased the two largest real estate companies in Chattanooga, making him the largest private land owner in Hamilton County, Tennessee. He sold most of these holdings in 2006 to Henry Luken. His business successes have made Corker a multimillionare. Read More...
- Today: 16
- Past Seven Days: 75
- All-Time: 46,968
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2650Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Jul 23, 2014 9 Views
A bill to provide for congressional review of agreements relating to Iran's nuclear program, and for other purposes.
S.2421 - Food for Peace Reform Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 03, 2014 1 Views
A bill to amend the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 (22 U.S.C. 2151 et seq.) to reform the Food for Peace Program, and for other purposes.
S.2277 - Russian Aggression Prevention Act of 2014Read twice and referred May 01, 2014 21 Views
A bill to prevent further Russian aggression toward Ukraine and other sovereign states in Europe and Eurasia, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.522Referred to the Committee Jul 24, 2014 6 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate supporting the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit to be held in Washington, D.C. from August 4 through...
S.Res.502Referred to the Committee Jul 15, 2014 22 Views
A resolution concerning the suspension of exit permit issuance by the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo for adopted Congolese chi...
S.Res.498Resolution agreed to in Senate Jul 17, 2014 137 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding United States support for the State of Israel as it defends itself against unprovoke...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1696: Pamela Harris, of Maryland, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Fourth CircuitNay (with party)July 24, 2014
S. 2569: Bring Jobs Home Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2569Aye (with party)July 23, 2014
On the Nomination PN1516: John W. deGravelles, of Louisiana, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of LouisianaAye (with party)July 22, 2014