Sen. Bob Corker
Republican • Tennessee • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 10 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 89 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 88 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 98 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 27 of 100)
Raised in Chattanooga, Tenn., Corker graduated from the University of Tennessee in 1974 with a degree in industrial management. After working four years as a construction superintendent, he started his own construction company, Bencor, which he sold in 1990.
In 1999, he purchased the two largest real estate companies in Chattanooga, making him the largest private land owner in Hamilton County, Tennessee. He sold most of these holdings in 2006 to Henry Luken. His business successes have made Corker a multimillionare. Read More...
- Today: 14
- Past Seven Days: 64
- All-Time: 47,213
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2650 - Iran Nuclear Negotiations Act of 2014Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Jul 23, 2014 1 Views
A bill to provide for congressional review of agreements relating to Iran's nuclear program, and for other purposes.
S.2421 - Food for Peace Reform Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 03, 2014 3 Views
A bill to amend the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 (22 U.S.C. 2151 et seq.) to reform the Food for Peace Program, and for other purposes.
S.2277 - Russian Aggression Prevention Act of 2014Read twice and referred May 01, 2014 7 Views
A bill to prevent further Russian aggression toward Ukraine and other sovereign states in Europe and Eurasia, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.526Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 29, 2014 14 Views
A resolution supporting Israel's right to defend itself against Hamas, and for other purposes.
S.Res.522Resolution agreed to in Senate Jul 31, 2014 12 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate supporting the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit to be held in Washington, D.C., from August 4 throug...
S.Res.502Resolution agreed to in Senate Jul 31, 2014 7 Views
A resolution concerning the suspension of exit permit issuance by the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo for adopted Congolese chi...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitNay (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Nay (against party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Nay (against party)July 31, 2014