Sen. John Barrasso
Republican • Wyoming • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 29 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 49 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 200 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 57 of 100) 3 Made Into Law (Ranks 51 of 100)
Barrasso graduated from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. with a bachelor of science degree in 1974. He received his medical degree from Georgetown in 1978. He conducted his residency at Yale Medical School in New Haven, Connecticut. Read More...
- Today: 10
- Past Seven Days: 43
- All-Time: 33,344
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- National Parks
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Water and Wildlife
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2613 - Secret Science Reform Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 16, 2014 3 Views
A bill to prohibit the Environmental Protection Agency from proposing, finalizing, or disseminating regulations or assessments based upon scie...
S.2496 - Protecting Water and Property Rights Act of 2014Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Jul 09, 2014 5 Views
A bill to preserve existing rights and responsibilities with respect to waters of the United States.
S.2427 - Water Supply Permitting Coordination ActRead twice and referred Jun 04, 2014 3 Views
A bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to coordinate Federal and State permitting processes related to the construction of new surf...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2733 - Obamacare Opt-Out Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 8 Views
A bill to establish a certification process for opting out of the individual health insurance mandate.
S.2768 - Emergency Fuel Reduction Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 19 Views
A bill to amend the Healthy Forests Restoration Act of 2003 to expand the use of categorical exclusions for hazardous fuel reduction projects.
S.2743 - Protecting Children and America's Homeland Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 13 Views
A bill making supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014, for border security, law enforcement, humanitarian as...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitNay (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014