Sen. John Barrasso
Republican • Wyoming • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2007
- 15 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 58 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 99)
- 119 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 58 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 7 of 100)
Barrasso graduated from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. with a bachelor of science degree in 1974. He received his medical degree from Georgetown in 1978. He conducted his residency at Yale Medical School in New Haven, Connecticut. Read More...
- Today: 9
- Past Seven Days: 40
- All-Time: 31,798
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- National Parks
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Water and Wildlife
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- African Affairs
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- Western Hemisphere and Global Narcotics Affairs
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1711 - State Health Care Choice ActRead twice and referred Nov 14, 2013 15 Views
A bill to enable States to opt out of certain provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
S.1630 - Water Rights Protection ActRead twice and referred Oct 31, 2013 2 Views
A bill to prohibit the conditioning of any permit, lease, or other use agreement on the transfer, relinquishment, or other impairment of any w...
S.1324 - National Energy Tax Repeal ActRead twice and referred Jul 18, 2013 12 Views
A bill to prohibit any regulations promulgated pursuant to a presidential memorandum relating to power sector carbon pollution standards from ...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.1743 - Protecting States' Rights to Promote American Energy Security ActRead twice and referred Nov 20, 2013 12 Views
A bill to amend the Mineral Leasing Act to recognize the authority of States to regulate oil and gas operations and promote American energy se...
S.Res.305Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 20, 2013 7 Views
A resolution recognizing National Native American Heritage Month and celebrating the heritages and cultures of Native Americans and the contri...
S.1724 - Union Tax Fairness Act of 2013Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Nov 19, 2013 26 Views
A bill to provide that the reinsurance fee for the transitional reinsurance program under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act be ap...
Recent Voting History
On the Concurrent Resolution S.Con.Res. 28Nay (with party)November 21, 2013
S. 1197: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1197Nay (with party)November 21, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN527: Patricia Ann Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia CircuitNay (with party)November 21, 2013