Sen. Mark Warner
Democrat • Virginia • 1st Term • Sworn In 2009
- 36 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 36 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 6 of 100)
- 172 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 68 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 65 of 100)
A native of Indianapolis, Indiana, Governor Warner graduated from George Washington University in 1977 and from Harvard Law School in 1980. His subsequent business career included helping create more than 70 telecommunications and information technology companies and serving as a founding partner of Columbia Capital Corporation, a Virginia technology venture capital fund. Active in technology and education issues, he started the Virginia High-Tech Partnership in 1997 and has chaired the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges and the Virginia Math and Science Coalition. He was also the founding chair of the Virginia Health Care Foundation. Warner served as chair of the Democratic Party of Virginia from 1993 to 1995, and in 2002 he was inaugurated as Virginia's governor. He was the Appalachian Regional Commission's 2004 states' co-chair.http://usliberals.about.com/od/peopleinthenews/p/MarkWAaner.htm Read More...
- Today: 8
- Past Seven Days: 78
- All-Time: 42,859
- Joint Committee on Printing
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.521Resolution agreed to in Senate Jul 29, 2014 13 Views
A resolution designating July 26, 2014, as "United States Intelligence Professionals Day".
S.Res.523Referred to the Committee Jul 24, 2014 9 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the importance of the United States-India strategic partnership and the continued deepening...
S.2612 - Dynamic Repayment Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 16, 2014 7 Views
A bill to simplify and improve the Federal student loan program through income-contingent repayment to provide strong protections for borrower...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2692Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 5 Views
A bill to amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act to ...
S.2696Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 2 Views
A bill to require the Federal Reserve to make certain changes to the small bank holding company policy statement on assessment of financial an...
S.2697Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 0 Views
A bill to amend the Truth in Lending Act to clarify the application of the qualified mortgage rule to rural lenders, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
S. 2648: Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 2648Aye (with party)July 30, 2014
S. 2569: Bring Jobs Home Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2569Aye (with party)July 30, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5021Aye (with party)July 29, 2014