Sen. Mark Warner
Democrat • Virginia • 1st Term • Sworn In 2009
- 38 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 39 of 98) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 98)
- 201 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 63 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 80 of 100)
A native of Indianapolis, Indiana, Governor Warner graduated from George Washington University in 1977 and from Harvard Law School in 1980. His subsequent business career included helping create more than 70 telecommunications and information technology companies and serving as a founding partner of Columbia Capital Corporation, a Virginia technology venture capital fund. Active in technology and education issues, he started the Virginia High-Tech Partnership in 1997 and has chaired the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges and the Virginia Math and Science Coalition. He was also the founding chair of the Virginia Health Care Foundation. Warner served as chair of the Democratic Party of Virginia from 1993 to 1995, and in 2002 he was inaugurated as Virginia's governor. He was the Appalachian Regional Commission's 2004 states' co-chair.http://usliberals.about.com/od/peopleinthenews/p/MarkWAaner.htm Read More...
- Today: 20
- Past Seven Days: 92
- All-Time: 44,461
- Joint Committee on Printing
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Fiscal Responsibility and Economic Growth
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2925 - Reports Reduction Act of 2014Read twice and referred Nov 13, 2014 3 Views
A bill to provide for the elimination or modification of Federal reporting requirements.
S.Res.571Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 18, 2014 4 Views
A resolution designating September 30, 2014, as "United States and India Partnership Day".
S.Res.521Resolution agreed to in Senate Jul 29, 2014 4 Views
A resolution designating July 26, 2014, as "United States Intelligence Professionals Day".
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2971 - Energy Efficient Government Technology ActRead twice and referred Dec 03, 2014 17 Views
A bill to promote energy efficiency, and for other purposes.
S.2959 - Black Lung Benefits Improvement Act of 2014Read twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 10 Views
A bill to ensure that claims for benefits under the Black Lung Benefits Act are processed in a fair and timely manner, to protect miners from ...
S.Res.587Referred to the Committee Nov 20, 2014 5 Views
A resolution encouraging reunions of Korean-Americans who were divided by the Korean War from their relatives in North Korea.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriAye (with party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriAye (with party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Aye (with party)December 16, 2014