Sen. Mark Warner
Democrat • Virginia • 1st Term • Sworn In 2009
- 26 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 38 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 20 of 100)
- 117 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 73 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 49 of 100)
A native of Indianapolis, Indiana, Governor Warner graduated from George Washington University in 1977 and from Harvard Law School in 1980. His subsequent business career included helping create more than 70 telecommunications and information technology companies and serving as a founding partner of Columbia Capital Corporation, a Virginia technology venture capital fund. Active in technology and education issues, he started the Virginia High-Tech Partnership in 1997 and has chaired the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges and the Virginia Math and Science Coalition. He was also the founding chair of the Virginia Health Care Foundation. Warner served as chair of the Democratic Party of Virginia from 1993 to 1995, and in 2002 he was inaugurated as Virginia's governor. He was the Appalachian Regional Commission's 2004 states' co-chair.http://usliberals.about.com/od/peopleinthenews/p/MarkWAaner.htm Read More...
- Today: 8
- Past Seven Days: 44
- All-Time: 41,652
- Joint Committee on Printing
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Competitiveness, Innovation, and Export Promotion
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2114Read twice and referred Mar 12, 2014 8 Views
A bill to amend the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 with respect to disclosures to investors in municipal and corporate debt securities, and f...
S.2109Read twice and referred Mar 11, 2014 7 Views
A bill to eliminate duplicative, outdated, or unnecessary Congressionally mandated Federal agency reporting.
S.2075 - Military Commissary Sustainment ActRead twice and referred Mar 04, 2014 21 Views
A bill to prohibit a reduction in funding for the defense commissary system in fiscal year 2015 pending the report of the Military Compensatio...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.384Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Mar 13, 2014 9 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate concerning the humanitarian crisis in Syria and neighboring countries, resulting humanitarian ...
S.2113Read twice and referred Mar 12, 2014 18 Views
A bill to provide taxpayers with an annual report disclosing the cost and performance of Government programs and areas of duplication among th...
S.Res.378Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Mar 11, 2014 24 Views
A resolution condemning illegal Russian aggression in Ukraine.
Recent Voting History
H.R. 3370: Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2013
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 3370Aye (with party)March 13, 2014
S. 1086: Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill S. 1086Aye (with party)March 13, 2014
On the Nomination PN1179: Caroline Diane Krass, of the District of Columbia, to be General Counsel of the Central Intelligence AgencyAye (with party)March 13, 2014