Sen. Mark Warner
Democrat • Virginia • 1st Term • Sworn In 2009
- 29 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 37 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 23 of 100)
- 133 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 70 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 55 of 100)
A native of Indianapolis, Indiana, Governor Warner graduated from George Washington University in 1977 and from Harvard Law School in 1980. His subsequent business career included helping create more than 70 telecommunications and information technology companies and serving as a founding partner of Columbia Capital Corporation, a Virginia technology venture capital fund. Active in technology and education issues, he started the Virginia High-Tech Partnership in 1997 and has chaired the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges and the Virginia Math and Science Coalition. He was also the founding chair of the Virginia Health Care Foundation. Warner served as chair of the Democratic Party of Virginia from 1993 to 1995, and in 2002 he was inaugurated as Virginia's governor. He was the Appalachian Regional Commission's 2004 states' co-chair.http://usliberals.about.com/od/peopleinthenews/p/MarkWAaner.htm Read More...
- Today: 13
- Past Seven Days: 50
- All-Time: 41,868
- Joint Committee on Printing
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2200 - Consumer Debit Card Protection Act of 2014Read twice and referred Apr 02, 2014 9 Views
A bill to provide debit card holders with consumer protections equivalent to those available to credit card holders, and for other purposes.
S.2174 - Commonsense Competition and Access to Health Insurance ActRead twice and referred Mar 27, 2014 11 Views
A bill to amend the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to provide greater flexibility in offering health insurance coverage across Sta...
S.2176 - Commonsense Reporting Act of 2014Read twice and referred Mar 27, 2014 15 Views
A bill to revise reporting requirements under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to preserve the privacy of individuals, and for o...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.423Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Apr 11, 2014 64 Views
A resolution designating April 2014 as "Financial Literacy Month".
S.2239 - Social Security Identity Defense Act of 2014Read twice and referred Apr 10, 2014 12 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permit the Secretary of the Treasury to disclose certain return information related to id...
S.2250Read twice and referred Apr 10, 2014 35 Views
A bill to extend the Travel Promotion Act of 2009, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
On the Motion for Attendance PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitAye (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1182: Michelle T. Friedland, of California, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth CircuitAye (with party)April 10, 2014
On the Nomination PN1063: Terrell McSweeny, of the District of Columbia, to be a Federal Trade Commissioner for the unexpired term of seven years from September 26, 2010Aye (with party)April 09, 2014