Sen. Mark Warner
Democrat • Virginia • 1st Term • Sworn In 2009
- 24 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 39 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 19 of 100)
- 111 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 75 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 48 of 100)
A native of Indianapolis, Indiana, Governor Warner graduated from George Washington University in 1977 and from Harvard Law School in 1980. His subsequent business career included helping create more than 70 telecommunications and information technology companies and serving as a founding partner of Columbia Capital Corporation, a Virginia technology venture capital fund. Active in technology and education issues, he started the Virginia High-Tech Partnership in 1997 and has chaired the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges and the Virginia Math and Science Coalition. He was also the founding chair of the Virginia Health Care Foundation. Warner served as chair of the Democratic Party of Virginia from 1993 to 1995, and in 2002 he was inaugurated as Virginia's governor. He was the Appalachian Regional Commission's 2004 states' co-chair.http://usliberals.about.com/od/peopleinthenews/p/MarkWAaner.htm Read More...
- Today: 24
- Past Seven Days: 88
- All-Time: 41,595
- Joint Committee on Printing
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Economic Policy
- National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Competitiveness, Innovation, and Export Promotion
- Science and Space
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Senate Committee on the Budget
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2075Read twice and referred Mar 04, 2014 12 Views
A bill to prohibit a reduction in funding for the defense commissary system in fiscal year 2015 pending the report of the Military Compensatio...
S.1903 - Prepaid Card Disclosure Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jan 09, 2014 6 Views
A bill to provide greater fee disclosures for consumers who have prepaid cards, and for other purposes.
S.1906Read twice and referred Jan 09, 2014 9 Views
A bill to establish the Office of Net Assessment within the Department of Defense.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2076Read twice and referred Mar 04, 2014 16 Views
A bill to amend the provisions of title 46, United States Code, related to the Board of Visitors to the United States Merchant Marine Academy,...
S.2051 - Highway Innovative Financing Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 27, 2014 15 Views
A bill to provide States with greater flexibility in innovative highway financing.
S.2074Read twice and referred Feb 27, 2014 23 Views
A bill to promote energy savings in residential buildings and industry, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
S. 1917: Victims Protection Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1917Aye (with party)March 06, 2014
S. 1752: Military Justice Improvement Act of 2013
On the Cloture Motion S. 1752Nay (against party)March 06, 2014
On the Nomination PN1106: Rose Eilene Gottemoeller, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International SecurityAye (with party)March 06, 2014