Sen. James Risch
Republican • Idaho • 1st Term • Sworn In 2009
- 6 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 84 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 99)
- 148 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 26 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 68 of 100)
Prior to being elected to the Senate, Jim Risch served as Idaho’s 37th Lieutenant Governor. He also served as Idaho's 31st Governor. In addition, he spent 11 elected terms in Idaho's State Senate. He is a small business owner, a rancher/farmer and senior partner in the Risch Goss Insinger Gustavel Law firm. Read More...
- Today: 14
- Past Seven Days: 53
- All-Time: 31,534
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.Res.284Resolution agreed to in Senate Nov 14, 2013 5 Views
A resolution calling on the Government of Iran to immediately release Saeed Abedini and all other individuals detained on account of their rel...
S.1430 - Idaho Wilderness Water Resources Protection ActRead twice and referred Aug 01, 2013 4 Views
A bill to authorize the continued use of certain water diversions located on National Forest System land in the Frank Church-River of No Retur...
S.550 - Small Business Investment Company Modernization Act of 2013Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship Mar 14, 2013 6 Views
A bill to amend the Small Business Investment Act of 1958 to provide for increased limitations on leverage for multiple licenses under common ...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.1743 - Protecting States' Rights to Promote American Energy Security ActRead twice and referred Nov 20, 2013 11 Views
A bill to amend the Mineral Leasing Act to recognize the authority of States to regulate oil and gas operations and promote American energy se...
S.1735 - Self-Insurance Protection ActRead twice and referred Nov 19, 2013 7 Views
A bill to amend the Public Health Service Act, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, and the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to e...
S.1712 - Employee Rights ActRead twice and referred Nov 14, 2013 8 Views
A bill to provide protections for workers with respect to their right to select or refrain from selecting representation by a labor organization.
Recent Voting History
On the Concurrent Resolution S.Con.Res. 28Nay (with party)November 21, 2013
S. 1197: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1197Nay (with party)November 21, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN527: Patricia Ann Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia CircuitNay (with party)November 21, 2013