Sen. James Risch
Republican • Idaho • 1st Term • Sworn In 2009
- 10 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 89 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 234 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 34 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 90 of 100)
Prior to being elected to the Senate, Jim Risch served as Idaho’s 37th Lieutenant Governor. He also served as Idaho's 31st Governor. In addition, he spent 11 elected terms in Idaho's State Senate. He is a small business owner, a rancher/farmer and senior partner in the Risch Goss Insinger Gustavel Law firm. Read More...
- Today: 13
- Past Seven Days: 50
- All-Time: 33,208
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2616 - Idaho County Shooting Range Land Conveyance ActCommittee on Energy and Natural Resources Subcommittee Jul 30, 2014 1 Views
A bill to require the Secretary of the Interior to convey certain Federal land to Idaho County in the State of Idaho, and for other purposes.
S.2335 - Future Logging Careers ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure May 14, 2014 2 Views
A bill to exempt certain 16 and 17 year-old children employed in logging or mechanized operations from child labor laws.
S.1928Read twice and referred Jan 15, 2014 4 Views
A bill to require the Government Accountability Office to study the expenses incurred by the Pentagon to meet its renewable energy and energy ...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2725 - Consequences for Russia's Arms Control Violations Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 2 Views
A bill to address noncompliance by the Russian Federation of its obligations under the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty.
S.2768 - Emergency Fuel Reduction Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 6 Views
A bill to amend the Healthy Forests Restoration Act of 2003 to expand the use of categorical exclusions for hazardous fuel reduction projects.
S.Res.530Referred to the Committee Jul 30, 2014 12 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the current situation in Iraq and the urgent need to protect religious minorities from pers...
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitNay (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014