Sen. James Risch
Republican • Idaho • 1st Term • Sworn In 2009
- 10 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 91 of 98) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 98)
- 240 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 46 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 84 of 100)
Prior to being elected to the Senate, Jim Risch served as Idaho’s 37th Lieutenant Governor. He also served as Idaho's 31st Governor. In addition, he spent 11 elected terms in Idaho's State Senate. He is a small business owner, a rancher/farmer and senior partner in the Risch Goss Insinger Gustavel Law firm. Read More...
- Today: 10
- Past Seven Days: 60
- All-Time: 34,037
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2616 - Idaho County Shooting Range Land Conveyance ActCommittee on Energy and Natural Resources Senate Subcommittee Jul 30, 2014 3 Views
A bill to require the Secretary of the Interior to convey certain Federal land to Idaho County in the State of Idaho, and for other purposes.
S.2335 - Future Logging Careers ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure May 14, 2014 3 Views
A bill to exempt certain 16 and 17 year-old children employed in logging or mechanized operations from child labor laws.
S.1928Read twice and referred Jan 15, 2014 4 Views
A bill to require the Government Accountability Office to study the expenses incurred by the Pentagon to meet its renewable energy and energy ...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.548Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 16, 2014 6 Views
A resolution designating November 29, 2014, as "Small Business Saturday" and supporting efforts to increase awareness of the value of locally ...
S.2809Read twice and referred Sep 15, 2014 1 Views
A bill to require the Environmental Protection Agency to obtain a court order to garnish wages to pay a nontax debt.
S.Res.539Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Sep 09, 2014 6 Views
A resolution relative to the death of James M. Jeffords, former United States Senator for the State of Vermont.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriNay (with party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Nay (against party)December 16, 2014