Sen. Mark Begich
Democrat • Alaska • 1st Term • Sworn In 2009
- 86 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 2 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 100)
- 419 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 1 of 100) 6 Made Into Law (Ranks 4 of 100)
Begich was born in Anchorage, Alaska, on March 31, 1962, where he graduated from Steller Secondary School. He has taken courses from
the University of Alaska-Anchorage, but he has not received a degree. He married Deborah Bonito, former Chair of the Alaska Democratic party, in 1990, and they have one son, Jacob, born in 2002. Deborah and Mark Begich are co-owners of the Carson Hot Springs Resort in Carson City, Nevada. Begich also owns vending machine and property rental business. His father, Rep. Nick Begich, served one term in the U.S. House of Representatives. In 1972, a plane carrying Rep. Begich and Rep. Hale Boggs disappeared over the Gulf of Alaska.
- Today: 27
- Past Seven Days: 92
- All-Time: 45,378
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Legislative Branch
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Tourism, Competitiveness, and Innovation
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Financial and Contracting Oversight
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2705Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 3 Views
A bill to establish, within the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, an integrated and comprehensive ocean, coastal, Great Lakes, ...
S.2665Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Jul 30, 2014 4 Views
A bill to amend the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act to provide eligibility for broadcasting facilities to rece...
S.2664 - Integrated Public Alert and Warning System Modernization Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 24, 2014 8 Views
A bill to amend the Homeland Security Act of 2002 to direct the Administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency to modernize the inte...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2713Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 6 Views
A bill to provide for the conveyance of certain property to the Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation located in Bethel, Alaska.
S.2687Read twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 7 Views
A bill to amend title 10, United States Code, to ensure that women members of the Armed Forces and their families have access to the contracep...
S.2673 - United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2014Read the second time Jul 29, 2014 20 Views
A bill to enhance the strategic partnership between the United States and Israel.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitAye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans' Access to Care through Choice, Accountability, and Transparency Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014