Sen. Mark Begich
Democrat • Alaska • 1st Term • Sworn In 2009
- 63 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 3 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 19 of 99)
- 315 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 1 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 3 of 100)
Begich was born in Anchorage, Alaska, on March 31, 1962, where he graduated from Steller Secondary School. He has taken courses from
the University of Alaska-Anchorage, but he has not received a degree. He married Deborah Bonito, former Chair of the Alaska Democratic party, in 1990, and they have one son, Jacob, born in 2002. Deborah and Mark Begich are co-owners of the Carson Hot Springs Resort in Carson City, Nevada. Begich also owns vending machine and property rental business. His father, Rep. Nick Begich, served one term in the U.S. House of Representatives. In 1972, a plane carrying Rep. Begich and Rep. Hale Boggs disappeared over the Gulf of Alaska.
- Today: 45
- Past Seven Days: 195
- All-Time: 43,364
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Legislative Branch
- Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Competitiveness, Innovation, and Export Promotion
- Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Financial and Contracting Oversight
- the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2094Read twice and referred Mar 06, 2014 4 Views
A bill to provide for the establishment of nationally uniform and environmentally sound standards governing discharges incidental to the norma...
S.2096Read twice and referred Mar 06, 2014 2 Views
A bill to amend the Alaska Natural Gas Pipeline Act of 2004 to provide for the authorization of liquified natural gas terminals and related fa...
S.2059 - Energy Efficient Heating and Cooling Tax Credit ActRead twice and referred Feb 27, 2014 11 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to allow a credit for the purchase of heating and cooling equipment which meets the Energy S...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2087Read twice and referred Mar 06, 2014 2 Views
A bill to protect the Medicare program under title XVIII of the Social Security Act with respect to reconciliation involving changes to the Me...
S.Res.376Referred to the Committee Mar 06, 2014 11 Views
A resolution supporting the goals of International Women's Day.
S.2083Read twice and referred Mar 05, 2014 9 Views
A bill to amend the Natural Gas Act to promote economic growth and job creation in the United States, to strengthen strategic partnerships wit...
Recent Voting History
S. 1917: Victims Protection Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1917Aye (with party)March 06, 2014
S. 1752: Military Justice Improvement Act of 2013
On the Cloture Motion S. 1752Aye (with party)March 06, 2014
On the Nomination PN1106: Rose Eilene Gottemoeller, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International SecurityAye (with party)March 06, 2014