Sen. Michael Bennet
Democrat • Colorado • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2009
- 32 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 45 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 35 of 100)
- 186 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 66 of 100) 5 Made Into Law (Ranks 22 of 100)
Prior to his position with DPS, Bennet served for two years as the Chief of Staff to Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper. He worked for six years prior to his tenure at the City of Denver as Managing Director for the Anschutz Investment Company in Denver. Prior to moving to Denver, Bennet served as Counsel to the Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton Administration.Bennet earned his bachelor's degree in history with honors from Wesleyan University and his law degree from Yale Law School, where he was the Editor-in-Chief of The Yale Law Journal.
- Today: 20
- Past Seven Days: 108
- All-Time: 48,675
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2754 - Lobbying and Campaign Finance Reform Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 19 Views
A bill to provide limits on bundling, to reform the lobbyist registration process, and for other purposes.
S.2691 - Pay for Performance ActRead twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 5 Views
A bill to encourage and support partnerships between the public and private sectors to improve our nation's social programs, and for other pur...
S.2513 - Advancing Competency-Based Education Demonstration Project Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 23, 2014 3 Views
A bill to establish a demonstration project for competency-based education.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2964Read twice and referred Nov 20, 2014 21 Views
A bill to extend the trade adjustment assistance program, and for other purposes.
S.2944 - No Social Security for Nazis ActRead twice and referred Nov 19, 2014 28 Views
A bill to amend the Social Security Act to provide for the termination of social security benefits for individuals who participated in Nazi pe...
S.2917 - Adding Ebola to the FDA Priority Review Voucher Program ActPlaced on Senate Legislative Calendar Nov 19, 2014 49 Views
A bill to expand the program of priority review to encourage treatments for tropical diseases.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1230: Leigh Martin May, of Georgia, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of GeorgiaAye (with party)November 12, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1552: Randolph D. Moss, of Maryland, to be United States District Judge for the District of ColumbiaAye (with party)November 12, 2014
H.J.Res. 124: Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
On the Cloture Motion H.J.Res. 124Aye (with party)September 18, 2014