Sen. Michael Bennet
Democrat • Colorado • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2009
- 30 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 43 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 100)
- 172 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 66 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
Prior to his position with DPS, Bennet served for two years as the Chief of Staff to Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper. He worked for six years prior to his tenure at the City of Denver as Managing Director for the Anschutz Investment Company in Denver. Prior to moving to Denver, Bennet served as Counsel to the Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton Administration.Bennet earned his bachelor's degree in history with honors from Wesleyan University and his law degree from Yale Law School, where he was the Editor-in-Chief of The Yale Law Journal.
- Today: 21
- Past Seven Days: 68
- All-Time: 47,393
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2513 - Advancing Competency-Based Education Demonstration Project Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 23, 2014 2 Views
A bill to establish a demonstration project for competency-based education.
S.2417 - Close the Revolving Door Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 03, 2014 7 Views
A bill to provide greater controls and restriction on revolving door lobbying.
S.2400 - Field EMS Innovation ActRead twice and referred May 22, 2014 3 Views
A bill to provide for improvement of field emergency medical services, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2634Read twice and referred Jul 22, 2014 4 Views
A bill to provide tax relief for major disaster areas declared in 2012, 2013, and 2014, and for other purposes.
S.Res.505Referred to the Committee Jul 17, 2014 22 Views
A resolution congratulating the Gay, Lesbian, and Allies Senate Staff (GLASS) Caucus association on the 10-year anniversary of the association.
S.2581 - Child Nicotine Poisoning Prevention Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 10, 2014 16 Views
A bill to require the Consumer Product Safety Commission to promulgate a rule to require child safety packaging for liquid nicotine containers...
Recent Voting History
S. 2569: Bring Jobs Home Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2569Aye (with party)July 23, 2014
On the Nomination PN1516: John W. deGravelles, of Louisiana, to be United States District Judge for the Middle District of LouisianaAye (with party)July 22, 2014
On the Nomination PN1476: Robin L. Rosenberg, of Florida, to be United States District Judge for the Southern District of FloridaAye (with party)July 22, 2014