Sen. Michael Bennet
Democrat • Colorado • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2009
- 24 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 34 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 99)
- 102 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 64 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 7 of 100)
Prior to his position with DPS, Bennet served for two years as the Chief of Staff to Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper. He worked for six years prior to his tenure at the City of Denver as Managing Director for the Anschutz Investment Company in Denver. Prior to moving to Denver, Bennet served as Counsel to the Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton Administration.Bennet earned his bachelor's degree in history with honors from Wesleyan University and his law degree from Yale Law School, where he was the Editor-in-Chief of The Yale Law Journal.
- Today: 16
- Past Seven Days: 80
- All-Time: 45,494
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.1668Read twice and referred Nov 07, 2013 8 Views
A bill to require a Comptroller General of the United States report on the impact of certain mental and physical trauma on the discharge of me...
S.1676 - Return Our State Shares ActRead twice and referred Nov 07, 2013 9 Views
A bill to exempt certain payments to States from sequestration.
S.1611 - Federal Data Center Consolidation Act of 2013Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Nov 06, 2013 2 Views
A bill to require certain agencies to conduct assessments of data centers and develop data center consolidation and optimization plans.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.295Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Nov 14, 2013 9 Views
A resolution expressing the support for the designation of October 20, 2013, as the "National Day on Writing".
S.Res.289Referred to the Committee Nov 07, 2013 5 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that ambush marketing adversely affects the United States Olympic and Paralympic teams and sho...
S.Res.282Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Oct 31, 2013 4 Views
A resolution commemorating the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Recent Voting History
On the Concurrent Resolution S.Con.Res. 28Aye (with party)November 21, 2013
S. 1197: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1197Aye (with party)November 21, 2013
On the Cloture Motion PN527: Patricia Ann Millett, of Virginia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia CircuitAye (with party)November 21, 2013