Sen. Michael Bennet
Democrat • Colorado • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2009
- 32 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 42 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 31 of 100)
- 174 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 69 of 100) 5 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
Prior to his position with DPS, Bennet served for two years as the Chief of Staff to Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper. He worked for six years prior to his tenure at the City of Denver as Managing Director for the Anschutz Investment Company in Denver. Prior to moving to Denver, Bennet served as Counsel to the Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton Administration.Bennet earned his bachelor's degree in history with honors from Wesleyan University and his law degree from Yale Law School, where he was the Editor-in-Chief of The Yale Law Journal.
- Today: 19
- Past Seven Days: 68
- All-Time: 47,680
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2754 - Lobbying and Campaign Finance Reform Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 11 Views
A bill to provide limits on bundling, to reform the lobbyist registration process, and for other purposes.
S.2691 - Pay for Performance ActRead twice and referred Jul 30, 2014 4 Views
A bill to encourage and support partnerships between the public and private sectors to improve our nation's social programs, and for other pur...
S.2513 - Advancing Competency-Based Education Demonstration Project Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 23, 2014 2 Views
A bill to establish a demonstration project for competency-based education.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.524Referred to the Committee Jul 28, 2014 24 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding global climate change.
S.2673 - United States-Israel Strategic Partnership Act of 2014Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Aug 01, 2014 30 Views
A bill to enhance the strategic partnership between the United States and Israel.
S.2634 - National Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 22, 2014 3 Views
A bill to provide tax relief for major disaster areas declared in 2012, 2013, and 2014, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
On the Cloture Motion PN1180: Jill A. Pryor, of Georgia, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eleventh CircuitAye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 5021: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2014
On the Motion (Motion to Recede in the Senate Amendment to H.R. 5021)Aye (with party)July 31, 2014
H.R. 3230: Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014
On the Conference Report H.R. 3230Aye (with party)July 31, 2014