Sen. Michael Bennet
Democrat • Colorado • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2009
- 26 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 38 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 19 of 99)
- 119 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 69 of 100) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 13 of 100)
Prior to his position with DPS, Bennet served for two years as the Chief of Staff to Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper. He worked for six years prior to his tenure at the City of Denver as Managing Director for the Anschutz Investment Company in Denver. Prior to moving to Denver, Bennet served as Counsel to the Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton Administration.Bennet earned his bachelor's degree in history with honors from Wesleyan University and his law degree from Yale Law School, where he was the Editor-in-Chief of The Yale Law Journal.
- Today: 14
- Past Seven Days: 75
- All-Time: 46,282
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2003 - Renewable Energy Parity Act of 2014Read twice and referred Feb 06, 2014 13 Views
A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the energy credit for certain property under construction.
S.1957 - Partnership to Build America Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jan 16, 2014 16 Views
A bill to establish the American Infrastructure Fund, to provide bond guarantees and make loans to States, local governments, and infrastructu...
S.1676 - Return Our State Shares ActRead twice and referred Nov 07, 2013 4 Views
A bill to exempt certain payments to States from sequestration.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2074Read twice and referred Feb 27, 2014 17 Views
A bill to promote energy savings in residential buildings and industry, and for other purposes.
S.Res.368Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Feb 27, 2014 29 Views
A resolution designating February 28, 2014, as "Rare Disease Day".
S.Res.352Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Feb 06, 2014 4 Views
A resolution commemorating the success of Team USA in the past 22 Olympic Winter Games and supporting Team USA in the 2014 Olympic Winter Game...
Recent Voting History
S. 1917: Victims Protection Act of 2014
On the Cloture Motion S. 1917Aye (with party)March 06, 2014
S. 1752: Military Justice Improvement Act of 2013
On the Cloture Motion S. 1752Aye (with party)March 06, 2014
On the Nomination PN1106: Rose Eilene Gottemoeller, of Virginia, to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International SecurityAye (with party)March 06, 2014