Sen. Michael Bennet
Democrat • Colorado • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2009
- 32 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 45 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 35 of 100)
- 186 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 66 of 100) 5 Made Into Law (Ranks 22 of 100)
Prior to his position with DPS, Bennet served for two years as the Chief of Staff to Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper. He worked for six years prior to his tenure at the City of Denver as Managing Director for the Anschutz Investment Company in Denver. Prior to moving to Denver, Bennet served as Counsel to the Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton Administration.Bennet earned his bachelor's degree in history with honors from Wesleyan University and his law degree from Yale Law School, where he was the Editor-in-Chief of The Yale Law Journal.
- Today: 17
- Past Seven Days: 84
- All-Time: 48,878
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2996Read twice and referred Dec 10, 2014 16 Views
A bill to create a limited population pathway for approval of certain antibacterial drugs.
S.2977 - Medical Electronic Data Technology Enhancement for Consumers' Health ActRead twice and referred Dec 04, 2014 20 Views
A bill to amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to provide for the regulation of patient records and certain decision support software.
S.2754 - Lobbying and Campaign Finance Reform Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 31, 2014 12 Views
A bill to provide limits on bundling, to reform the lobbyist registration process, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.3004Read twice and referred Dec 11, 2014 27 Views
A bill to promote the development of meaningful treatments for patients.
S.2975 - Medicare DMEPOS Competitive Bidding Improvement Act of 2014Read twice and referred Dec 04, 2014 17 Views
A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to require State licensure and bid surety bonds for entities submitting bids under the ...
S.2971 - Energy Efficient Government Technology ActRead twice and referred Dec 03, 2014 25 Views
A bill to promote energy efficiency, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriAye (with party)December 16, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1345: Stephen R. Bough, of Missouri, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of MissouriAye (with party)December 16, 2014
H.R. 5771: Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2014
On Passage of the Bill H.R. 5771Nay (against party)December 16, 2014