Sen. Michael Bennet
Democrat • Colorado • 2nd Term • Sworn In 2009
- 30 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 44 of 100) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 100)
- 172 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 66 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
Prior to his position with DPS, Bennet served for two years as the Chief of Staff to Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper. He worked for six years prior to his tenure at the City of Denver as Managing Director for the Anschutz Investment Company in Denver. Prior to moving to Denver, Bennet served as Counsel to the Deputy Attorney General in the Clinton Administration.Bennet earned his bachelor's degree in history with honors from Wesleyan University and his law degree from Yale Law School, where he was the Editor-in-Chief of The Yale Law Journal.
- Today: 19
- Past Seven Days: 89
- All-Time: 47,461
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2513 - Advancing Competency-Based Education Demonstration Project Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 23, 2014 3 Views
A bill to establish a demonstration project for competency-based education.
S.2417 - Close the Revolving Door Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 03, 2014 6 Views
A bill to provide greater controls and restriction on revolving door lobbying.
S.2400 - Field EMS Innovation ActRead twice and referred May 22, 2014 2 Views
A bill to provide for improvement of field emergency medical services, and for other purposes.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.524Referred to the Committee Jul 28, 2014 6 Views
A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding global climate change.
S.2673Introduced in the Senate Jul 28, 2014 4 Views
A bill to enhance the strategic partnership between the United States and Israel.
S.2634 - National Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jul 22, 2014 9 Views
A bill to provide tax relief for major disaster areas declared in 2012, 2013, and 2014, and for other purposes.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1696: Pamela Harris, of Maryland, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Fourth CircuitAye (with party)July 28, 2014
On the Cloture Motion PN1696: Pamela Harris, of Maryland, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Fourth CircuitAye (with party)July 24, 2014
S. 2569: Bring Jobs Home Act
On the Cloture Motion S. 2569Aye (with party)July 23, 2014