NCFIRE’s Political Notebook
Save and share your favorite political content, from OpenCongress and around the web.
Who We Are: We are a statewide non-profit organization that is dedicated to immigration enforcement. Our organization represents the citizens’ interest in stopping the flood of illegal aliens into North Carolina.
What We Believe: We support limiting our jobs and resources to the citizens of North Carolina and we believe that it is time for our Legislators to adhere to their oath of office, “to support the Constitution of the United States; and to be faithful and bear true allegiance to the State of North Carolina” by passing the appropriate legislation to curtail the influx of illegal aliens into our state. We also seek to educate those who turn a blind eye to the many costly and destructive consequences of illegal immigration.
What We Do The State of North Carolina is divided up into sections. Each section is assigned a team leader. The Team Leader has members assigned to them, according to the members' zip code or area code. Information is sent to each Team Leader, who in turn, relay that information to their Team Members. This way, important information can be distributed statewide and action can be taken very quickly. We periodically send out "Action Alerts." These are items that need immediate attention. It may be calling, e-mailing or faxing your Congressman, signing a petition, attending a rally or to notify you of an upcoming Bill to be voted on in Congress.
1) Mandate English as the official language of NC.
Added about 2 years ago -
2) Require a valid North Carolina photo ID to vote in NC.
3) Require ALL companies (public and private), doing business in North Carolina, to become E-Verify compliant.
4) Mandate stricter punishments for hiring illegal aliens in NC.
5) Enact a NC version of SB1070 to document proof of legal entry and the right to be within NC borders.
6) Deny enrollment of illegal aliens to North Carolina colleges and universities.
7) Eliminate taxpayer funding to NC colleges and universities that allow illegal aliens to enroll.
8) Restrict foreign consulate services to consulate property ONLY.
9) Remove the Mexican Matricula Consular card as proof of North Carolina residency from NC driver’s license documentation.
10) Deny use of Mexican Matricula Consular cards as proof of identification.
11) Prohibit the use of all foreign ID cards for any taxpayer funded services or civic activities.
12) Deny taxpayer funding to sanctuary cities and counties in NC.
13) Require proof of citizenship and residency for all NC social welfare eligibility.
14) Cut taxpayer funding to all LaRaza based non-profit organizations in NC that provide benefits to illegal aliens.
15) End taxpayer funding of all North Carolina ethnic councils.
16) Tighten NC vehicle laws by impounding cars driven by unlicensed and uninsured drivers.
To see different types of content to add to "My Political Notebook", click on any of the tabs on the right-hand side of this page. To see an example of a fleshed-out notebook, visit the page of Donny Shaw, our blog and outreach director.