Indiana 2008 presidential primary and superdelegates
From OpenCongress Wiki
|This page is part of the Superdelegate Transparency Project, a collaboration of citizen journalists, LiteraryOutpost, OpenLeft, DemConWatch, HuffPost's OffTheBus and the Congresspedia community to build an open-source tally and informational resource on the 2008 Democratic superdelegates. (More about superdelegates.)|
|You can also find Indiana members of Congress, candidates and blogs at the Indiana portal.|
Democratic presidential primary
The Indiana Democratic presidential primary election will take place on May 6th, 2008.
- See also the 2008 federal election calendar (U.S.) and the embeddable Google calendar of the presidential primary dates and the congressional primary dates.
This chart shows the delegates to the Democratic National Convention in August 2008, who will elect the Democratic nominee for president. Listed are "pledged delegates" - those who were elected through the state's caucuses or primaries - and the "superdelegates" - those who are delegates by virtue of their party or elected office.
Delegate allotments for At-Large and PL/EO delegate types are both based on statewide totals. Therefore, the statewide totals need only be listed in the 'At-Large' row
|Congressional District or Affiliation||Clinton Vote||Obama Vote||Pledged Clinton||Pledged Obama||Superdelegate||Superdelegate Status||Agrees w/ voters?||Accepted Donation(s) From||Donation Amount|
|1||81,218||90,511||3||3 +1||Peter Visclosky||Barack Obama||Yes|
|2||72,554||69,747||3||3 +1||Joe Donnelly||Barack Obama||No||Obama||$7,500|
|3||20,279||15,623||2 ||2 ||Republican||n/a||n/a|
|7||43,542||99,656||2||4 +1||Andre Carson||Barack Obama||Yes|
|8||91,658||62,560||4 +1||2||Brad Ellsworth||Hillary Clinton||Yes||Obama||$10,000|
|9||94,717||54,763||4||2 +1||Baron Hill||Barack Obama||No||Clinton and Obama||$2,500 from Clinton, $12,500 from Obama|
|Dem. Senator||1||Evan Bayh||Hillary Clinton |
|DNC||1||Phoebe Crane||Hillary Clinton |
|DNC||1||Robert Pastrick||Hillary Clinton |
|DNC||1||Connie Thurman||Barack Obama |
|State Party Chair||1||Dan Parker||Hillary Clinton |
|State Party Vice Chair||1||Cordelia Lewis-Burks||Barack Obama |
|Distinguished Party Leaders||1||Joseph J. Andrew||Barack Obama |
|Add-On Unpledged||TBD 6/21/2008||
Delegates in the following two categories are pledged delegates
- "At-Large Pledged" delegates are pledged delegates and are apportioned according to the statewide popular vote.
- "PL/EO Pledged" delegates are also apportioned according to the statewide popular vote but are selected from a pool of party leaders and elected officials.
Delegates in the following five categories are all unpledged superdelegates
- "Dem. Governor" delegates are sitting Democratic governors.
- "Dem. Senator" delegates are sitting Democratic senators.
- "DNC" delegates are party officials.
- "Distinguished Party Member" delegates are former Democratic Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Speakers of the House, Minority or Majority leader of either house of Congress, Governors, or DNC Chairmen.
- "Add-On Unpledged" delegates are [To Be Determined].
You may use this list to confirm that the correct number of delegates and superdelegates are represented on the table.
Total number of delegates
Wobbler and leaner superdelegates
Articles and resources
- Portal:Superdelegate Transparency Project
- U.S. presidential election, 2008
- Portal:2008 U.S. Congressional Elections
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Indiana Results", USA Today, May 7, 2008
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080514/NEWS07/715333342, South Bend Tribune, May 14, 2008
- ↑ Obama Release on Indiana Superdelegate Endorsement,Time.com, May 13, 2008
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 CapitaleEye.com, "Money to Superdelegates," Accessed March 11, 2008.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Indiana Final Numbers", The Green Papers, May 8, 2008
- ↑ "Superdelegate Andre Carson endorses Barack Obama", The Associated Press, presented by WISHTV.com, April 16, 2008
- ↑ Ellsworth says he'll vote the way the people voted14 News, May 16, 2008
- ↑ Sam Graham-Felson, "Indiana Congressman Baron Hill Endorses Barack Obama for President", MyBarackObama.com, Apr 30th, 2008
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Clinton Campaign Press Release
- ↑ Clinton Campaign Press Release
- ↑ Associated Press, A look at Indiana's Democratic superdelegates, Feb 11, 2008
- ↑ Nedra Pickler, DNC chairman under Bill Clinton: Unite behind Obama, The Associated Press presented by Yahoo.com, May 1, 2008
- DemConWatch - Best source for superdelegate endorsement info.
- USAToday Election Central - Probably the best resource for votes. Pledged PL/EOs and At-Large delegates are shown at the bottom.
- WashingtonPost.com - Adobe Acrobat document with full listing of superdelegates broken out by state and then type.
- CapitalEye - Lists campaign contributions in last cycle.
- PoliticalIndex.com - State political party links (the Washington Post link above should give complete information. However, if you need to follow up, try these links.
- Politico.com - politico.com's page showing superdelegate status. If you click on the '+' icon for any state/territory, the list will expand and show the commitments. WARNING - This should not be considered a valid source for updating the table. It is however useful as a reference for finding source material. For instance, you can use a Google's news search to confirm a superdelegate's status as it is shown on politico.com.
- PoliticalResources.com - Links to Secretary of State offices (for official election results).
- Wikipedia's page on superdelegates - This list may supplement the info available at DemConWatch. Watch out for unsourced information, though.