Barack Obama/Labor, Immigration and Retirement Policy
From OpenCongress Wiki
|This article is part of the Wiki-The-Vote project to detail the positions and records of Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama. This article covers Obama and Health Policy. See the main page on Barack Obama for other positions and more info.|
|Summary (how summaries work)|
In 2006, Obama sponsored a bill that would limit congressional raises to the same rate as increases in the federal minimum wage.
Senior and Social Security Issues
- Project Vote Smart's interest group ratings and important votes on senior and social security issues.
In 2006, Obama, along with Senators Hillary Clinton, Edward M. Kennedy, Jim Jeffords, Patrick Leahy and Tom Harkin authored the Standing with Minimum Wage Earners Act of 2006. This bill would change the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1983 by keeping the wage increase for Congressional members at the same pace as the increase of the federal minimum wage. 
- Main article: U.S. minimum wage legislation
Employment and affirmative action
- Project Vote Smart's interest group ratings and important votes on employment and affirmative action.
Sexual orientation and gender identity
- Project Vote Smart's interest group ratings and important votes on sexual orientation and gender identity.
Articles and resources
- Barack Obama
- Barack Obama/Economic Policy
- Barack Obama/Education Policy
- Barack Obama/Elections and Government Policy
- Barack Obama/Energy and Environment Policy
- Barack Obama/Food and Agriculture Policy
- Barack Obama/Health Policy
- Barack Obama/Infrastructure and Transportation Policy
- Barack Obama/Labor, Immigration and Retirement Policy
- Barack Obama/National Security and Foreign Policy
- Barack Obama/Rights, Liberties and Courts Policy
- Barack Obama/Communications, Science and Intellectual Property
- Barack Obama/Social Policy
- Barack Obama/Controversies
- John McCain
- John McCain/Economic Policy
- John McCain/Education Policy
- John McCain/Elections and Government Policy
- John McCain/Energy and Environment Policy
- John McCain/Food and Agriculture Policy
- John McCain/Health Policy
- John McCain/Infrastructure and Transportation Policy
- John McCain/Labor, Immigration and Retirement Policy
- John McCain/National Security and Foreign Policy
- John McCain/Rights, Liberties and Courts Policy
- John McCain/Communications, Science and Intellectual Property
- John McCain/Social Policy
- John McCain/Controversies
- ↑ Kathy Kiely, "Some lawmakers balk at proposed boost in salaries," USA Today, June 26, 2006.
- ↑ Text of S.2725, "Thomas (Library of Congress) legislative information site.
- Project Vote Smart's database of Obama's interest group ratings, Obama's important votes, McCain's important votes and McCain's interest group ratings.