Barack Obama: U.S. presidential election, 2008/Articles & Commentary
From OpenCongress Wiki
| This article is part of the|
SourceWatch and Congresspedia coverage
of Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) and
the 2008 presidential election
|Democratic ticket "top tier"|
- Larry Flynt, "ASSHOLE OF THE MONTH: Barack Obama," LarryFlynt.com.
- Said Cao, "So who is Barack Obama?" Cao's Blog, August 27, 2004.
- "McCain Blasts -- And We Mean Blasts -- Obama," The Hotline Blog/National Journal, February 6, 2006.
- Alexander Cockburn, "Obama: As He Rises, He Falls," The Nation, April 20, 2006 (May 8, 2006 issue).
- Alexander Cockburn, "Obama's Game," CounterPunch, April 25, 2006.
- David Sirota, "Mr. Obama Goes to Washington," The Nation, June 26, 2006; DavidSirota.com, June 7, 2006.
- Dennis Conrad, "Obama, wife cash in with book, new jobs. Senator's family rakes in nearly $1.7 mil. in 2005," Chicago Sun-Times, September 26, 2006.
- Jonathan Alter, "Is Obama Ready to Roll? The Illinois Democrat may be more serious about '08 than you think," Newsweek (MSNBC), October 4, 2006.
- "Obama-rama. We may be coming to the end of the era of political conventions in this country," The Opinionator Blog/capecodtoday.com, October 23, 2006.
- Uncle Jimbo, "Barack Obama-'But he's so well spoken'," Military Matters Blog/Madison.com, October 23, 2006.
- Ken Silverstein, "Barack Obama Inc. The birth of a Washington machine," Harper's Magazine, November 2006.
- "Senator Obama's Office Responds to Misleading Harper's Magazine Story" (cache), Office of Sen. Barack Obama, October 23, 2006.
- Ryan Boots, "Obama and school choice," edspresso, November 2, 2006.
- Robert VerBruggen, "Obama in Maryland. Will the real Barack Obama please stand up?" The Weekly Standard, November 6, 2006.
- "Obama Concedes Iowa," The Gore Years Blog, November 9, 2006.
- Joseph Knippenberg, "Obama Watch," NoLeftTurns Blog, December 5, 2006.
- Lynn Sweet, "Trail of fears. Obama tells the Sun-Times that his family worries about safety as surging popularity and presidential aspirations create the threat of violence," Chicago Sun-Times, December 15, 2006.
- Robert Novak, "Obama tells donor he'll form exploratory committee this week, source says," Chicago Sun-Times, January 14, 2007.
- Mike Dorning and Christi Parsons, "Meet Obama's inner circle. Ahead of likely presidential campaign, senator relies on core of trusted advisers," Chicago Tribune, January 14, 2007.
- Edward Luce, "Barack Obama joins White House race," Financial Times (MSNBC), January 16, 2007.
- Eric Zorn, "The skeptics take a turn: Reasons why Barack Obama will not be the Democratic presidential nominee in 2008," Change of Subject Blog/Chicago Tribune, January 16, 2007.
- Dick Morris, "Obama will Rue his Vote for Nepotism," Pundit's Blog/The Hill, January 16, 2007.
- Perry Bacon Jr., "Is Obama the Front-runner?" TIME Magazine, January 16, 2007.
- Tom Curry, "What Obama’s record tells voters. In Democratic center on environment, death penalty, judicial nominees," MSNBC, January 16, 2007.
- Lisa Nuss, "Who does Barack Obama think he is?" comment is free.../The Guardian (UK), January 16, 2007.
- Linda Feldmann, "Much buzz, many questions over Barack Obama's bid. His filing Tuesday to start raising funds for a 2008 presidential run puts his early appeal to the test," Christian Science Monitor, January 17, 2007.
- "Pastor Rick Warren, Oprah Among Stars Who Back Obama," Life, The Universe... Blogspot, January 25, 2007.
- Jake Tapper, "Obama to Quit -- Smoking, That Is," ABC News, February 7, 2007.
- "Obama's HQ to Be on North Michigan Ave.," Crain's Chicago Business, February 8, 2007.
- Mike Flannery, "A Personal Look At Barack Obama. The Illinois Senator Is Preparing To Announce His Presidential Bid, But How Much Do You Know About Him?" CBS2Chicago, February 8, 2007.
- "Obama to skip Nevada presidential forum," Associated Press (WQAD.com (Moline, IL)), February 8, 2007.
- Mai Martinez, "Obama's Big Announcement Coming. Illinois Senator To State Whether He'll Run For President On Saturday," CBS2Chicago, February 9, 2007.
- John Farmer, "N.J. man named to Obama's team. Seton Hall professor tapped to oversee policy development," The Star-Ledger (NJ), February 9, 2007.
- Patrick T. Reardon, "Donner Party Began Here Too. Old State Capitol site has a sordid past," Chicago Tribune, February 9, 2007.
- Mike Riopell, "Pushing up vote to help Obama could backfire. SPRINGFIELD: Changing Illinois' primary date could spur copycats," Lee News Service (nwitimes.com), February 9, 2007.
- John Whitesides, "Obama opens 2008 race in historic setting," Reuters (ABC News), February 10, 2007.
- Christi Parsons, "Obama chooses venue with historic significance for announcement," Chicago Tribune (Kansas City Star), February 10, 2007.
- Jim Rasenberger, "Barack Obama and the Springfield race riot," Salon, February 10, 2007: "Springfield, Ill., where Barack Obama officially announces his presidential campaign on Saturday, has a tortured racial history. What happened, and what it could mean for Obama."
- Ben Wallace-Wells, "Destiny's Child. No candidate since Robert F. Kennedy has sparked as much campaign-trail heat as Barack Obama. But can the one-term senator craft a platform to match his charisma?" Rolling Stone, February 10, 2007.
- Judy Keen, "Obama formally joins '08 presidential race," USA TODAY, February 10, 2007.
- Rick Pearson and Ray Long, "Obama: I'm running for president," Chicago Tribune, February 10, 2007.
- Howard Fineman, "Echoes of Lincoln. Barack Obama stood in Springfield and declared war on the status quo. But is that enough to win the White House?" Newsweek (MSNBC), February 10, 2007.
- Sheldon Alberts, "Holding his cards close. Barack Obama is the perfect political poker player: patient, humble and willing to take a risk," CanWest News Service (National Post), February 10, 2007.
- Krystin E. Kasak, "Q&A on the candidate. Junior senator from Illinois has nation's interest," The Times Online, February 10, 2007.
- Nedra Pickler, "Obama Launches Bid to 'Transform' U.S. Barack Obama, relative newcomer to national politics, evokes Lincoln in announcing 2008 bid," Associated Press (CBS News), February 11, 2007.
- Helen Kennedy, "Obama is thinkin' Lincoln. Vowing unity, senator formally enters the race," New York Daily News, February 11, 2007.
- Henry C. Jackson, "Obama Calls Name Recognition Big Hurdle. AP Interview: Sen. Barack Obama says name recognition biggest hurdle in presidential run," Associated Press (CBS News), February 11, 2007.
- Edward McClellan, "How Obama learned to be a natural. Today he drips with charisma and inspires fawning admiration from all quarters. But Obama began his journey as a smug young man with little political future," Salon, February 12, 2007. Preview or subscription required.
- "Obama’s Botched Joke," Bloodthirsty Liberal, February 12, 2007.
- Dave Johnson and James Boyce, "Barack Obama. Don't Be Our Neville Chamberlain," The Huffington Post, February 12, 2007.
- "RNC To Blast Obama As 'Fabricator'," Hotline Blog / National Journal, April 9, 2007.
- John Aravosis, "'Barack, the Magic Negro' - a new song played on the Rush Limbaugh show," AMERICAblog, April 29, 2007. re Rush Limbaugh
- Rick Honcho, "Uncovering Obama, 1st in Series," Another Angry American, January 9, 2008.
- Rick Honcho, "Uncovering Obama, 4th in Series," Another Angry American, January 12, 2008.
- J. Cifre, "The Intoxication of Inspiration," Savage Politics, February 5, 2008.
- Will Evans, "Anti-Abortion Group Targets Obama," NPR's election 2008 blog "Secret Money Project," September 16, 2008.
- Dan Morain, "PAC funds anti-Obama TV ad in California: Vets for Freedom is spending $2.2 million on the spot, which criticizes the Democratic nominee on national security. It's the group's first such buy in the Golden State, seen as strictly Obama territory," Los Angeles Times, October 1, 2008.
- Greg Hinz, "Obama to media: pony up for election night access," Crain's (Chicago), October 21, 2008.