From OpenCongress Wiki
Lowe grew up in Singapore and Malaysia, where his parents were missionaries.  Lowe has worked as a researcher with fishery projects in Corpus Christi, Texas and on Lake Tanganyika, Tanzania. He was an environmental studies major at Wheaton College, where he helped organize a national Climate Change Summit. He was also the outreach director for A Rocha USA, an international Christian conservation organization.
Lowe contributed two essays to Lindy Scott's 2008 book Christians, the Care of Creation, and Global Climate Change, which also contained essays by Wheaton College president Duane Litfin and IPCC group co-chair John T. Houghton  Christian social activist Shane Claiborne wrote the foreword to Lowe's 2009 book Green Revolution. The book was reviewed twice in Relevant Magazine. According to author Jonathan Merritt, Lowe "extensively explores the larger kingdom issues inseparably connected to environmental problems." In 2009, Lowe's book Green Revolution: Coming Together to Care for Creation was published by Inter-Varsity Press.
On November 2, 2009, Lowe filed the petitions necessary to be a candidate for the Democratic primary for the 6th U.S. Congressional District of Illinois.  Lowe was unopposed in the Democratic primary, winning 17,294 votes in DuPage County and 6,147 in Cook County, a total of 23,441 votes.
Lowe's campaign is running on the platform of restoring the moral compass of the 6th District of Illinois and Washington, DC. Issues emphasized by the campaign include green jobs, financial reform, fiscal responsibility, and integrity in government. Lowe was quoted on Good Morning America as saying that "The environment would be one of those areas where you could say we've almost had … generally speaking … a blind spot in the evangelical church." 
Lowe will face incumbent Republican Peter Roskam in the 2010 midterm elections.
"The Greening of Wheaton College: An Unlikely Tree Hugger" and "The Greening of Wheaton College: A Bigger Vision" in Lindy Scott, Christians, the Care of Creation, and Global Climate Change Wipf and Stock, 2008 ISBN: 1-55635-844-X
Ben Lowe, Green Revolution: Coming Together to Care for Creation Inter-Varsity Press (March 1, 2009) ISBN 978-0830836246 206 pages
2. ^"Christian colleges' green revolution" Christianity Today May 1, 2007
3. ^ http://wipfandstock.com/store/Christians_the_Care_of_Creation_and_Global_Climate_Change
4. ^ http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/toc/code=3624
5. ^ http://www.ivpress.com/cgi-ivpress/book.pl/review/code=3624
6. ^ http://www.vindy.com/news/2009/jul/11/college-to-host-mission-event/?newswatch
7. ^ "Lipinski Gets Primary Pass as Illinois Candidates File", The Hill
8. ^ http://www.pr-inside.com/ben-lowe-earns-100-of-votes-r1709004.htm
9. ^ "Evangelical Voters Leaving Republican Flock", Good Morning America, ABC News
10. ^ "Dem nominee claims racial profiling" Chicago Sun-Times
11. ^ "Racial Profiling: Ben Lowe, Half-Chinese Democrat For Congress, Frisked For 'Looking Hispanic'" Huffington Post