From OpenCongress Wiki
Chad Lee is the 2012 Republican candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives in Wisconsin’s 2nd Congressional District. The current representative of the 2nd District, Rep.Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.), is vacating her seat and running for the U.S. Senate. Chad faces no challenger in the August 14th primary and will take on the winner of the Democratic primary in the general election on November 6th.
According to his official campaign website:
“Chad grew up in Mount Horeb, Wisconsin with his father and mother, Robert and Debi, three brothers and two sisters. From early on Chad was active in the community — helping at his local church by assisting in the youth group and leading the music team. As a young teen, he delivered newspapers, worked at the local grocery store and at the local aquatic center. After his eighteenth birthday he began working with the mentally disabled in his community, which he continued doing until his mid twenties. During high school Chad held standing in The National Honor Society, competed on the varsity football and basketball teams and competed in the State Finals in track.
After gradution from Mount Horeb High School, Chad attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison for a time before transferring to Olivet Nazarene University in Illinois, where he graduated cum laude in Business Administration. He then took a position in sales and marketing back in Wisconsin. He has his insurance license and has been successful in the real estate market. He also founded a residential and commercial cleaning enterprise, which he sold in 2011. He is currently pursuing various entreprenourial endeavors.
Chad Lee ran for the 2nd District seat in 2010 and was the winner of the Republican primary, but was defeated by the incumbent, Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.), in the most competative race of Baldwin’s now 12-year Congressional career.
Chad’s wife, Jennifer, is from south Texas. In the spring of 2008, Jennifer moved to Wisconsin. Chad and Jennifer have been happily married since September 2009.
Articles and Resources
- ↑ "Chad Lee Announces Bid For Congress." Channel3000.com. February 29, 2012.
- ↑ Christie Taylor. “2nd Congressional District Race Candidate: Chad Lee (Republican)." Dane101. April 24, 2012.
- ↑ Alexa Sunby. "Baldwin wins despite GOP tidal wave in rest of country." The Badger Herald. November 3, 2010.
- Chad Lee's Official Campaign Website
- ChadLeeCongress. “Chad Lee for Congress - Taking Care of Business.” June 6, 2012. Online audio clip. YouTube. Accessed on July 25, 2012.
- Whosrightorg. “Who's Right?! Interviews Chad Lee, Candidate for WI 2nd Congressional District - July 2012.” July 24, 2012. Online video clip. YouTube. Accessed on August 8, 2012.
- Proventuremedia. “Chad Lee for Congress announcement Feb 29, 2012 .” July 28, 2012. Online video clip. YouTube. Accessed on August 8, 2012.
- ChadLeeCongress. “Chad Lee - Behind the Politics.” August 20, 2012. Online video clip. YouTube. Accessed on August 20, 2012.
- "Chad Lee announces exploratory effort for Congressional run." Sun Prairie Star. January 31, 2012.
- "Lee Campaign: Chad Lee focuses on job creation at home." WisPolitics.com. July 16, 2012.
- "Lee Campaign: Chad Lee supports small business owners." WisPolitics.com. July 20, 2012.