From OpenCongress Wiki
The Colbert Report is a satirical spoof of a cable network news show on Comedy Central starring Stephen Colbert.
Better know a district interviews
The Colbert Report has a running segment called "better know a district" in which Stephen Colbert interviews members of Congress. Comedy Central has been kind enough to provide Congresspedia with links to the interview videos. It should be noted that the interviews often veer into pure comedy and should not be taken as on-the-record comments.
To see the interview videos, click the links below to the members' profiles:
- Rep. Jason Altmire (D-Penn.) - January 24, 2007
- Rep. Xavier Becerra (D-Calif.) - August 17, 2006
- Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.) - May 4, 2006
- Delegate Madeleine Bordallo (D-Guam) - April 26, 2007
- Rep. Donna Christensen (D-V.I.) - March 16, 2006
- Rep. Tom Davis (R-Va.) - May 3, 2007
- Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.) - June 22, 2006
- Rep. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) - January 19, 2006
- Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-Penn.) - February 8, 2006
- Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) - October 27, 2005
- Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.) - April 26, 2006
- Rep. Darlene Hooley (D-Ore.) - April 6, 2006
- Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones (D-Ohio) - November 3, 2005
- Rep. Carolyn Kilpatrick (D-Mich.) - November 30, 2005
- Rep. Rick Larsen (D-Wash.) - July 12, 2006
- Rep. Greg Meeks (D-N.Y.) - January 31, 2007
- Rep. John Mica (R-Fla.) - November 9, 2005
- Rep. James Moran (D-Va.) - December 6, 2005
- Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) - February 2, 2006
- Rep. Major Owens (D-N.Y.) - December 15, 2005
- Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) - January 25, 2006
- Rep. Steven Rothman (D-N.J.) - January 12, 2006
- Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-Calif.) - March 9, 2006
- Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) - March 29, 2006
- Rep. Zack Space (D-Ohio) - February 6, 2007
- Rep. Lee Terry (R-Neb.) - May 10, 2006
- Rep. Mark Udall (D-Colo.) - November 16, 2005
- Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.) - June 14, 2006
- Rep. Robert Wexler (D-Fla.) - July 20, 2006
- Rep. Albert Wynn (D-Md.) - April 20, 2006
Other segments pertaining to Congress
- Segment on the Connecticut Democratic primary contest between Sen. Joe Lieberman (D-Conn.) and Ned Lamont (from Crooks and Liars).
- Fake interview with Tom DeLay (from You Tube).
- Colbert interview with Democratic Senatorial candidate James Webb (Va.) (from You Tube).
- Segment on minimum wage laws in Congress (from Crooks and Liars). (See U.S. minimum wage)
- Follow-up report on Colbert interview with Rep. Robert Wexler (D-Fla.) (from You Tube).
- February 2006 segment on the House seat vacated by Sen. Robert Menendez's (D-N.J.) appointment to the Senate.
- "Colbert Mourns GOP Loss," from Crooks and Liars, November 9, 2006.
- Bonus segment: Better know a founder: Benjamin Franklin
- Jamie Holly, "Jon Stewart Apologizes to Geraldo," Crooks and Liars, August 11, 2006. re Geraldo Rivera
- Jamie Holly, "Colbert to Stewart: You Must Walk A Mile In His Mustache," Crooks and Liars, August 15, 2006.
- John Amato, "Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are winners at the Emmys," Crooks and Liars, August 28, 2006.
- Jim Puzzanghera, "Running for office? Better run from Colbert. Lawmakers are wary of his Comedy Central show, which often gives them enough cable to hang themselves," Los Angeles Times, October 22, 2006.