Connecticut 2008 presidential primary and superdelegates
From OpenCongress Wiki
|This page is part of the Superdelegate Transparency Project, a collaboration of citizen journalists, LiteraryOutpost, OpenLeft, DemConWatch, HuffPost's OffTheBus and the Congresspedia community to build an open-source tally and informational resource on the 2008 Democratic superdelegates. (More about superdelegates.)|
|You can also find Connecticut members of Congress, candidates and blogs at the Connecticut portal.|
Democratic presidential primary
The Connecticut Democratic presidential primary election took place on Feb. 5th, 2008.
- See also the 2008 federal election calendar (U.S.) and the embeddable Google calendar of the presidential primary dates and the congressional primary dates.
This chart shows the delegates to the Democratic National Convention in August 2008, who will elect the Democratic nominee for president. Listed are "pledged delegates" - those who were elected through the state's caucuses or primaries - and the "superdelegates" - those who are delegates by virtue of their party or elected office.
Delegate allotments for At-Large and PL/EO delegate types are both based on statewide totals. Therefore, the statewide totals need only be listed in the 'At-Large' row
|Congressional District or Affiliation||Clinton Vote  ||Obama Vote  ||Other Vote  ||Pledged Clinton  ||Pledged Obama  ||Superdelegate||Superdelegate Status||Agrees w/ voters?||Accepted Donation(s) From||Donation Amount|
|1||39,530||44,244||2113||3||4 +1||John Larson||Barack Obama ||Yes|
|2||33,239||32,818||2,112||3||3 +1||Joe Courtney||Barack Obama||Yes||Obama||$5,000|
|3||35,171||39,637||1,916||3||4 +1||Rosa DeLauro||Barack Obama ||Yes|
|5||28,777||29,296||1,812||3||3 +1||Chris Murphy||Barack Obama ||Yes||Obama||$5,000|
|Dem. Senator||1||Christopher John Dodd||Barack Obama||Yes|
|DNC||1||Stephen Fontana||Barack Obama||Yes|
|DNC||1||Ellen Camhi||Hillary Clinton||No|
|DNC||1||Martin Dunleavy||Barack Obama||Yes|
|DNC||1||Anthony Avallone||Barack Obama ||Yes|
|DNC||1||Nancy DiNardo||Barack Obama||Yes|
|DNC||1||John Olsen||Hillary Clinton||No|
|Add-On Unpledged||1||Don Williams||Barack Obama||Yes||
Delegates in the following two categories are pledged delegates
- "At-Large Pledged" delegates are pledged delegates and are apportioned according to the statewide popular vote.
- "PL/EO Pledged" delegates are also apportioned according to the statewide popular vote but are selected from a pool of party leaders and elected officials.
Delegates in the following five categories are all unpledged superdelegates
- "Dem. Governor" delegates are sitting Democratic governors.
- "Dem. Senator" delegates are sitting Democratic senators.
- "DNC" delegates are party officials.
- "Distinguished Party Member" delegates are former Democratic Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Speakers of the House, Minority or Majority leader of either house of Congress, Governors, or DNC Chairmen.
- "Add-On Unpledged" delegates are [To Be Determined].
You may use this list to confirm that the correct number of delegates and superdelegates are represented on the table.
Total number of delegates
Connecticut receives a total of 60 delegates
- 48 pledged delegates
- 31 district-level delegates
- 11 at-large delegates
- 6 party leaders/elected officials
- 12 unpledged (superdelegate) delegates
- 6 Democratic National Committee members
- 4 members of Congress
- 1 distinguished party leader
- 1 add-on unpledged delegate
Wobbler and leaner superdelegates
Articles and resources
- Portal:Superdelegate Transparency Project
- U.S. presidential election, 2008
- Portal:2008 U.S. Congressional Elections
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Chart from the Connecticut Secretary of the State (direct pdf link).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 USA TODAY Connecticut Caucus Results accessed February 21, 2008
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Chart from the Connecticut Secretary of the State (direct pdf link).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Author Unknown, Connecticut Democrats Endorse Obama, Hartford Courant, February 2, 2008.
- ↑ Superdelegate endorsements for Wednesday 5/21, DemConWatch, May 21, 2008
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 CapitaleEye.com, "Money to Superdelegates," Accessed March 11, 2008.
- ↑ Associated Press, "Sen. Dodd Endorses Obama", Associated Press, February 26, 2008.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Peter Urban, McCain Clinton Lead in State Primary Polls, Connecticut Post, February 4, 2008.
- ↑ Mark Pazniokas, Obama leads Clinton, 6-1, Among CT Superdelegates, Hartford Courant, February 8, 2008.
- ↑ Superdelegate endorsements for Monday 6/2, DemConWatch, June 2, 2008
- ↑ Superdelegate Endorses Clinton, The Associated Press, May 1, 2008.
- ↑ Lucy Nalpathanchil, "State Leaders Announce Support of Obama", Connecticut Public Broadcasting Network, March 27, 2008
- ↑ Chart from the Democratic National Committee's website (direct pdf link).
- DemConWatch - Best source for superdelegate endorsement info.
- USAToday Election Central - Probably the best resource for votes. Pledged PL/EOs and At-Large delegates are shown at the bottom.
- WashingtonPost.com - Adobe Acrobat document with full listing of superdelegates broken out by state and then type.
- CapitalEye - Lists campaign contributions in last cycle.
- PoliticalIndex.com - State political party links (the Washington Post link above should give complete information. However, if you need to follow up, try these links.
- Politico.com - politico.com's page showing superdelegate status. If you click on the '+' icon for any state/territory, the list will expand and show the commitments. WARNING - This should not be considered a valid source for updating the table. It is however useful as a reference for finding source material. For instance, you can use a Google's news search to confirm a superdelegate's status as it is shown on politico.com.
- PoliticalResources.com - Links to Secretary of State offices (for official election results).
- Wikipedia's page on superdelegates - This list may supplement the info available at DemConWatch. Watch out for unsourced information, though.