From OpenCongress Wiki
|This profile of a DEFEATED 2008 U.S. House candidate for Minnesota's district 4 is part of the "Wiki the Vote" project.|
|See all the Minnesota members of Congress, candidates and blogs at the Minnesota portal.|
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Edward Matthews is the Republican candidate in the 2008 congressional elections for the 4th Congressional District  of Minnesota. He is the Republican nominee seeking to replace incumbent Betty McCollum (D-Minn.). He ran unopposed in primary elections which took place on September 9, 2008.  
Positions, record and controversies
Matthews is a certified public accountant.
Matthews is the Republican nominee seeking to challenge incumbent Rep. Betty McCollum (D-Minn.) in the 2008 congressional elections. He ran unopposed in primary elections which took place on September 9, 2008.  
Money in politics
This section contains links to – and feeds from – money in politics databases. For specific controversies, see this article's record and controversies section.
The following is drawn from government records of campaign contributions to Edward Matthews. Campaign contributions are one of the most direct conduits for influencing members of Congress. How to use this information.
Campaign contribution data could not be found.
Committees and affiliations
Matthews will be assigned committees if and when he is elected to Congress.
More background data
Ed Matthews for Congress
2136 Ford Parkway #185
Saint Paul, MN 55116
Articles and resources
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 “Minnesota 2008 General Election,"The Green Papers, September 10, 2008
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Greg Giroux, "Franken Primary Win One of Many Key Results from Tuesday’s Primaries",CQ Politics, September 10, 2008
- ↑ Matthews for Congress
- ↑ 2008 Race Tracker page on Minnesota’s 4th Congressional District
- ↑ Official Edward Matthews for Congress website
- 2008 Race Tracker page on Minnesota’s 4th Congressional District
- Official Edward Matthews for Congress website