Federally Funded Research
View Federally Funded Research on OpenCongress.org
From OpenCongress Wiki
Access to Federally Funded Research
- The Future of Taxpayer-Funded Research: Who Will Control Access to the Results? Committee for Economic Development. (Pdf)
- Alliance for Taxpayer Access
- NIH Public Access Overview
- NIH PubMed Central
- The Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition
- Google site search - nytimes.com "research works act"
- Public Library of Science
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- House bill would open up taxpayer-funded research - The Hill, 4/19/2012
- New bill would put taxpayer-funded science behind pay walls - ProPublica, 1/12/2012
- The Research Works Act would deny taxpayers access to federally funded research - Scientific American, 1/7/2012
- AHCJ opposes taking taxpayer-funded research out of public's reach - Health Journalism, 1/18/2012
- Gulf on open access to federally financed research - New York Times, 2/27/2012
- Research Works Act wants to end public access to taxpayer-funded research - Lana Bandoim, Yahoo, 1/8/2012
- Research Bought, Then Paid For - Michael Eisen, New York Times, 1/10/2012
- Publishers applaud "Research Works Act," bipartisan legislation to end government mandates on private-sector scholarly publishing - Association of American Publishers, 12/23/2011
- Elsevier-funded NY Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney wants to deny Americans access to taxpayer funded research - Michael Eisen, 1/5/2012
- The Research Works Act: asking the public to pay twice for scientific knowledge - Janet Stemwedel, Scientific American, 1/6/2012
- H.R. 3699. The Research Works Act. Sponsored by Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA). Referred to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
- H.R. 4004. Federal Research Public Access Act of 2012. Sponsored by Rep. Michael Doyle (D-PA). Referred to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
- S. 2096. Federal Research Public Access Act of 2012. Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX). Refereed to the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.
- Examining Public Access and Scholarly Publication Intersests - Committee on Science, Space, and Technology Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight Hearing. 3/29/2012 (Includes archived webcast, pdf's of opening statements)