From OpenCongress Wiki
|This is a profile of a former U.S. Representative. (See the Pennsylvania portal for all incumbents, candidates and blogs.)|
Record and controversies
|Click through the score to see the records of other members of Congress and full descriptions of the individual votes.
Want to see someone else's scorecard added to the list? You can do it!
For more information on environmental legislation, see the Energy and Environment Policy Portal
Altmire was raised in Lower Burnell, Pennsylvania and graduated from Florida State University. After college Altmire went to Washington where worked for Rep. Pete Peterson of Florida as a Legislative Assistant and was later appointed to a working group for President Clinton’s Task Force on National Health Care Reform. Altmire worked for the Federation of American Hospitals as a health policy legislation expert and, most recently, worked as Acting Vice President for Government Relations and Community Health Services for UPMC.
Altmire also sat on the Legislative Committees for both the Allegheny Valley and the Northern Allegheny Chambers of Commerce.
2006 congressional elections
Money in politics
This section contains links to – and feeds from – money in politics databases. For specific controversies, see this article's record and controversies section.
Campaign contribution data could not be found.
|Links to more campaign contribution information for Jason Altmire
from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org site.
|Fundraising profile:||2008 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by organization/corporation:||2008 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by industry:||2008 election cycle||Career totals|
- Revolving door profile for Jason Altmire from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- 2006 privately funded travel profile for Jason Altmire from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- Personal finance profile for Jason Altmire from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
Committees and Affiliations
- House Committee on Education and Labor
- Subcommittee on Higher Education, Lifelong Learning, and Competitiveness
- Subcommittee on Healthy Families and Communities
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings & Emergency Management
- Subcommittee on Highways, Transit & Pipelines
- House Committee on Small Business
- Subcommittee on Regulations, Healthcare, and Trade
- Subcommittee on Investigations and Oversight, Chair
More Background Data
|On the Web|
Articles and Resources
- Jason Altmire for Congress, official campaign site.
Local blogs and discussion sites
Semantic data ()
|From the Sunlight Foundation API|
|Current Office: U.S. House of Representatives|
|Title:||First name:||Middle name:||Last name:|
00 District short:
|Currently in office?|
|Phone:||Fax:||Website:||Webform email: |
|Bioguide ID:||Votesmart ID:||FEC ID:||Govtrack ID:|
|CRP ID:||Eventful ID:||Old Sunlight ID:||Twitter ID:|
|OpenCongress Wiki URL:||YouTubeID:||Senate class:|
|Entered manually within the Template:Politician|
|U.S. House of Representatives|
Ranking Member On:
Ranking Member On:
|First Elected to Current Office:
November 7, 2006
|First Took Current Office:
January 4, 2007
November 2, 2010
|Previous Political Work?
None or Not Available
|Other Party Membership:|
Date of Birth: March 7, 1968
November 7, 2006