From OpenCongress Wiki
|This profile of a DEFEATED 2008 U.S. House candidate for Illinois's district 14 is part of the "Wiki the Vote" project.|
|See all the Illinois members of Congress, candidates and blogs at the Illinois portal.|
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Jim Oberweis is the Republican candidate for the 14th Congressional District (map) of Illinois. On March 8th, 2008, he was defeated by Democrat Bill Foster in a special election to serve the remaining term of former House Speaker Dennis Hastert (R).
Positions, record and controversies
On March 8th, 2008, he was defeated in a special election by the Democratic candidate Bill Foster. Also, Oberweis won the Republican nomination for the 2008 general congressional election taking place in November. He defeated Chris Lauzen in the Republican primary on February 5, 2008.
Money in politics
Committees and affiliations
Oberweis will be assigned committees if and when he is elected to Congress.
More background data
Oberweis for Congress
335 N River Road, Suite 203
Batavia, IL 60510
Articles and resources
- 2008 U.S. congressional elections
- Portal:Illinois and the U.S. Congress
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Abdon Pallasch and Dan Rozek, [http://www.suntimes.com/news/elections/833484,election030908.article “Political earthquake: Foster to replace Hastert"], “The Chicago Sun”, March 9, 2008
- ↑ Chicago Sun-Times Election results
- ↑ 2008 Race Tracker page on Illinois's 14th Congressional District
- 2008 Race Tracker page on Illinois's 14th Congressional District
- Official Jim Oberweis for Congress website