From OpenCongress Wiki
|This profile of a former 2008 candidate for Florida's U.S. congressional district 14 is part of the "Wiki the Vote" project.|
|See all the Florida members of Congress, candidates and blogs at the Florida portal.|
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Lawrence Byrnes was seeking the Democratic nomination to run in the 2008 congressional elections for the 14th Congressional District (map) of Florida. He lost in the primary election which took place on August 26, 2008.
Positions, record and controversies
He is currently a professor at Florida Gulf Coast University and served as the FGCU’s first Dean of the College of Education. 
Money in politics
This section contains links to – and feeds from – money in politics databases. For specific controversies, see this article's record and controversies section.
The following is drawn from government records of campaign contributions to Lawrence Byrnes. Campaign contributions are one of the most direct conduits for influencing members of Congress. How to use this information.
Campaign contribution data could not be found.
Committees and affiliations
Byrnes will be assigned committees if and when he is elected to Congress.
More background data
Campaign Contact Information
Phone: (239) 481-3217
Byrnes for Congress
P.O. Box 129
Estero, FL 33928
United States of America
Articles and resources
- 2008 U.S. congressional elections
- Portal:Florida and the U.S. Congress
- ↑ About Larry
- ↑ 2008 Race Tracker page on Florida's 14th Congressional District
- ↑ Official Byrnes for U.S. Congress website
- ↑ “Florida 2008 General Election,"The Green Papers, August 27, 2008
- 2008 Race Tracker page on Florida's 14th Congressional District
- Official Byrnes for U.S. Congress website