From OpenCongress Wiki
Lynn Jenkins (R)
|Leadership:||No leadership position|
|Committees:||House Committee on Financial Services|
|(subcommittees and past assignments)|
| Next election: Nov. 6, 2012
Primary challenge: No
Incumbent running: Yes
2012 candidates for KS-02
|Confirmed:||Tobias Schlingensiepen, Lynn Jenkins|
|Possible:||None so far|
|Out:||None so far|
|(more info & editing for KS-02)|
Positions, record and controversies
|Click through the score to see the records of other members of Congress and full descriptions of the individual votes.
Want to see someone else's scorecard added to the list? You can do it!
Taxes and Spending
Jenkins supports lowering taxes and making the Bush 2001 and 2003 tax cuts permanent. She also supports abolishing the death tax and Alternate Minimum Tax. Jenkins says she will work for a renewed commitment to fiscal responsibility and reductions in spending via earmarks. 
Jenkins supports strengthening the border through increasing the number of border agents, building more fences, and using technology to keep an eye on the borders. She supports giving all employers access to tools that will immediately verify a potential employees immigration status. 
Jenkins will improve family farming by increasing access to markets and labor and ending the death tax so farms can be inherited by farmer's children. 
Jenkins does not support No Child Left Behind, and believes that education decisions are best made at the state and local level. 
Jenkins approves of exploration in ANWR and pursuing offshore drilling. She supports using alternative and renewable energy to increase domestic production and create jobs. 
Jenkins supports the 2nd Amendment and will oppose legislation that steps on the right to keep and bear arms. 
Jenkins supports reforming the VA to ensure that all veterans have access to quality care. 
Jenkins was born on June 10, 1963, in Holton, Kansas. She is a graduate of Kansas State University and Weber State College, and she is a Certified Public Accountant. She was elected to the Kansas House of Representatives in 1998. She was a member of the House from 1999 to 2000 and then served in the Kansas Senate from 2001 to 2002. In 2002, she was elected as the 37th State Treasurer of Kansas, defeating Democrat Sally Finney by winning 56%-43%. In 2006, Jenkins was re-elected to a second term. She defeated Democrat Larry Wilson 64%-35%. She has two children. Her husband, Scott Jenkins, filed for divorce on November 7, 2008.
Jenkins was the Republican nominee looking to challenge Rep. Nancy Boyda (D-Kan.) in the 2008 congressional elections. She won in primary elections which took place on August 5, 2008. . Jenkins defeated Boyda in the 2008 General election with 51 percent of the vote to Boyda's 46 percent.KS Secretary of State results
Money in politics
This section contains links to – and feeds from – money in politics databases. For specific controversies, see this article's record and controversies section.
|Top Contributors to during the 2008 Election Cycle|
|Donor||Amount (US Dollars)|
|QC Holdings||$ 41,300|
|Sugar Creek Packing||$ 25,000|
|Russell Stover Candies||$ 20,000|
|Waddell & Reed||$ 16,550|
|Northwestern Mutual||$ 15,250|
|Koch Industries||$ 13,000|
|Polsinelli Shughart||$ 12,950|
|Watco Companies||$ 10,200|
|American Bankers Assn||$ 10,000|
|Source: The Center for Responsive Politics' www.OpenSecrets.org site.|
Note: Contributions are not from the organizations themselves, but are rather from
the organization's PAC, employees or owners. Totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.
|Links to more campaign contribution information for Lynn Jenkins
from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org site.
|Fundraising profile:||2008 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by organization/corporation:||2008 election cycle||Career totals|
|Top contributors by industry:||2008 election cycle||Career totals|
- Revolving door profile for Lynn Jenkins from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- 2006 privately funded travel profile for Lynn Jenkins from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
- Personal finance profile for Lynn Jenkins from the Center for Responsive Politics' OpenSecrets.org website.
Committees and affiliations
- House Committee on Financial Services
Committees in the 110th Congress (2007-2008)
Jenkins will be assigned committees if and when she is elected to Congress.
More background data
|On the Web|
Articles and resources
- 2008 U.S. congressional elections
- Portal:Kansas and the U.S. Congress
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Lynn Jenkins For Congress| Issues
- ↑ Lynn Jenkins for US Congress
- ↑ Barbara Hollingsworth, "Lynn Jenkins' husband files for divorce," Topeka Capital-Journal, November 10, 2008.
- ↑ 2008 Race Tracker page on Kansas's 2nd Congressional District
- ↑ Official Lynn Jenkins campaign website
- ↑ Jenkins's FEC filings
- ↑ "Kansas GOP News; Biden-Obama Gaffe; the Newsom Affair," Politics1 Blog, February 2, 2007.
- ↑ John Milburn, "Treasurer files to run for seat in 2nd District," Lawrence Journal-World, April 4, 2007.
- ↑ '’Kansas 2008 General Election,"The Green Papers", August 6, 2008
- 2008 Race Tracker page on Kansas's 2nd Congressional District
- Official Lynn Jenkins campaign website
- Jenkins's FEC filings
- Facebook Group: Send Lynn to Washington
- Lynn Jenkins on Blip TV
- "Kansas GOP News; Biden-Obama Gaffe; the Newsom Affair," Politics1 Blog, February 2, 2007.
- Aaron Blake, "Obama’s bipartisan ad doesn’t do much for GOP," The Hill, July 24, 2007.
Semantic data ()
|From the Sunlight Foundation API|
|Current Office: U.S. House of Representatives|
|Title: Rep||First name: Lynn||Middle name: M.||Last name: Jenkins|
|Party: R||State: KS||District:
02 District short: 2
|Currently in office? True|
|Phone: 202-225-6601||Fax: 202-225-7986||Website: http://lynnjenkins.house.gov||Webform email: https://forms.house.gov/lynnjenkins/contact-form.shtml|
|DC office: 1027 Longworth House Office Building|
|Bioguide ID: J000290||Votesmart ID: 18594||FEC ID: H8KS02090||Govtrack ID: 412284|
|CRP ID: N00029077||Eventful ID:||Old Sunlight ID:||Twitter ID: RepLynnJenkins|
|OpenCongress Wiki URL: http://www.opencongress.org/wiki/Lynn_Jenkins||YouTubeID: http://youtube.com/RepLynnJenkins||Senate class:|
|Entered manually within the Template:Politician|
|U.S. House of Representatives|
Ranking Member On:
Ranking Member On:
|First Elected to Current Office:
November 4, 2008
|First Took Current Office:
January 3, 2009
November 2, 2010
|Previous Political Work?
Kansas House of Representatives, Kansas State Senate, Kansas State Treasurer
|Other Party Membership:|
Date of Birth: June 10, 1963
November 4, 2008