From OpenCongress Wiki
|This profile of a former 2008 candidate for Idaho's U.S. congressional district 1 is part of the "Wiki the Vote" project.|
|See all the Idaho members of Congress, candidates and blogs at the Idaho portal.|
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Positions, record and controversies
- Family: Married, three children
- Political: Actively involved with the Canyon County Republican Party since 1997. Currently the Canyon County Central Committee Executive Board Finance Chairman. Appointed Canyon County Precinct Chairman before running for same office. Elected Canyon County Precinct Chairman. During same Precinct chair term was elected Legislative District 13 Chairman. Salisbury managed and served on multiple winning county and state Republican campaigns in Idaho. Prior to that Salisbury was on the George H. Bush Campaign Staff Summer 1988 which earned and invitation to work on The George H.W. Bush Inauguration Diplomats Ball in January of 1989.
- Education: Salisbury graduated from Nampa High School, class of 1991. After military service, Salisbury graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Northwest Nazarene University in 1998. Salisbury will complete his Masters in Diplomacy & International Commerce in November 2007 from Norwich University.
- Employment: Salisbury is currently a Senior Sales Engineer, for Phillips Industries, a position he took after his return from a combat tour in Iraq. Prior to that, Salisbury has worked as a independent contractor in the Heavy Duty and Mineral Resource Industries, as a Marketing Executive with a premier Idaho Title and Escrow company, TitleOne. Salisbury has extensive international and national management and sales experience holding positions as V. P., Marketing & Sales for China based Ming Dynasty Furniture Manufacturer. Before that, Salisbury was the Western Regional Sales Manager for Preco Electronics and a Program Manager with MCMS Inc.
- Military service: Salisbury enlisted in the U.S. Army in 1992 and completed training as am Airborne Infantryman serving with the U.S. 2nd Ranger Battalion. In 1995, Salisbury enlisted in the Idaho National Guard eventually serving a 18 month tour with the Idaho National Guard's 116th BCT during Operation Iraqi Freedom III from 2004 –2005. Salisbury was a member of the 216th Military Intelligence Ground Surveillance Radar Teams.
- Religion: Nazarene
Money in politics
Committees and affiliations
Salisbury will be assigned committees if and when he is elected to Congress.
Affiliations: 75th Ranger Regiment Association, American Legion, Disabled American, Veterans (DAV), Ducks Unlimited, National Rifle Association (NRA), Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), Vets for Freedom.
More background data
2422 12th Ave Rd #310 Nampa, ID 83686
Articles and resources
- 2008 U.S. congressional elections
- Portal:Idaho and the U.S. Congress
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Jesse Stanchak, "Idaho Lt. Gov. Is Nominee for Craig’s Senate Seat", CQ Politics, May 28, 2008
- ↑ Nampa veteran runs for Congress, The Idaho Press-Tribune, July 5, 2007
- ↑ 2008 Race Tracker page on Idaho’s 1st Congressional District
- ↑ "Matt Salisbury for Idaho," Official Matt Salisbury for Congress Website.
- 2008 Race Tracker page on Idaho’s 1st Congressional District
- "Matt Salisbury for Idaho," Official Matt Salisbury for Congress Website.
- Idaho Press
- Boise Weekly