From OpenCongress Wiki
|This profile of a former 2008 candidate for New Mexico's U.S. congressional district 1 is part of the "Wiki the Vote" project.|
|See all the New Mexico members of Congress, candidates and blogs at the New Mexico portal.|
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Rebecca Vigil-Giron was a Democratic candidate in the 2008 congressional elections for the 1st Congressional District (map) of New Mexico. She was seeking the Democratic nomination to replace Rep. Heather Wilson (R-N.M.), who sought a seat in the Senate. Vigil-Giron lost a primary election on June 3, 2008, to Martin Heinrich.
Positions, record and controversies
Money in politics
Committees and affiliations
Vigil-Giron will be assigned committees if and when she is elected to Congress.
More background data
Rebecca For Congress
416 Yale Blvd. (corner of Yale and Coal)
Albuquerque NM. 87106
Phone: (505) 265-5588 or (505) 265-4455 or (505) 265-9698
Fax: (505) 265-5581
Articles and resources
- 2008 U.S. congressional elections
- Portal:New Mexico and the U.S. Congress
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "White, Heinrich get 1st Congressional nods," The Associated Press, presented by KOB.com, June 4, 2008.
- 2008 Race Tracker page on New Mexico’s 1st Congressional District
- Official Rebecca Vigil-Giron for Congress Website
Marie Horrigan, "Three's a crowd in New Mexico House races," CQPolitics, April 4, 2008.