From OpenCongress Wiki
|This profile of a DEFEATED 2008 U.S. House candidate for Virginia's district 6 is part of the "Wiki the Vote" project.|
|See all the Virginia members of Congress, candidates and blogs at the Virginia portal.|
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Sam Rasoul is the Democratic candidate in the 2008 congressional elections for the 6th Congressional District (map) of Virginia. He is the Democratic nominee to challenge incumbent Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and Independent candidate Janice Lee Allen. The General election will take place on November 4th, 2008.
Positions, record and controversies
As a small business entrepreneur, Rasoul started several small businesses in women's fitness, tanning, movie rentals, and real estate. With his business background, Sam was recruited to begin a new medical sales and distribution firm in the Roanoke Valley. 
Money in politics
This section contains links to – and feeds from – money in politics databases. For specific controversies, see this article's record and controversies section.
The following is drawn from government records of campaign contributions to Sam Rasoul. Campaign contributions are one of the most direct conduits for influencing members of Congress. How to use this information.
Campaign contribution data could not be found.
Committees and affiliations
Rasoul will be assigned committees if and when he is elected to Congress.
More background data
Sam Rasoul for Congress
P.O. Box 126
Blue Ridge, VA 24064
Toll-Free: 1-877-SAM-2008 (726-2008)
Articles and resources
- 2008 U.S. congressional elections
- Portal:Virginia and the U.S. Congress
- ↑ VA 6th District Democratic Committee website
- ↑ Official Sam Rasoul for Congress Website
- ↑ 2008 Race Tracker page on Virginia’s 6th Congressional District
- ↑ "Sam Rasoul for Congress," Official Sam Rasoul for Congress website.
- 2008 Race Tracker page on Virginia’s 6th Congressional District
- "Sam Rasoul for Congress," Official Sam Rasoul for Congress website.