Senior Professional Performance Act of 2007
From OpenCongress Wiki
The Senior Professional Performance Act of 2007 (S. 1046) was a bill in the 110th Congress "to modify pay provisions relating to certain senior-level positions in the Federal Government, and for other purposes." (Official title.)
- Amends federal provisions concerning locality-based comparability payments to exclude certain senior-level and scientific and professional positions from positions for which the maximum limitation on total basic and comparability pay is level III (rather than level IV) of the Executive Schedule.
- Increases the rate of basic pay for certain senior-level positions to level III. Provides that in the case of an agency that has a performance appraisal system that is certified as making meaningful distinctions based on relative performance, a rate of basic pay fixed under this Act for such positions shall not be greater than the rate of basic pay payable for level II. Prohibits an employee from suffering a reduction in pay by reason of transfer from an agency with an applicable maximum rate of pay prescribed under such performance appraisal system to an agency with an applicable maximum rate of pay prescribed by a rate no greater than a specified level.
- Stipulates that appointments to positions classified above a GS-15 may be made on approval of the appointee's qualifications by the Director of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) on the basis of qualification standards developed by the agency involved in accordance with criteria prescribed by the Director. Provides that appointments to positions of specially qualified scientific and professional personnel are made without competitive examination on such basis.
- Provides that this Act's amendments may not result in a reduction in the rate of basic pay for certain senior-level positions.
- Limits an agency's certification of performance appraisal systems to 24 months. Provides for extensions of such certifications.
Articles and resources
- ↑ OpenCongress’ info page on Senior Professional Performance Act of 2007 (H.R.1046).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Govtrack.us’ info page on Senior Professional Performance Act of 2007 (H.R.1046).