SourceWatch:Wikiproject Member of Congress information
From OpenCongress Wiki
The Congresspedia project on SourceWatch is attempting to update the contact information for freshman members of Congress. This is essential information for constituents so they can voice their opinions on the issues of the day. At this point, however, the profiles on freshman members generally only contain out-of-date information from their 2006 campaign.
Updating the pages is easy. Below is a list of links to the profile of each freshman member of Congress and a link to their official site. We're looking for email addresses, postal mail addresses and phone numbers for each member's Washington office and postal mail addresses and phone numbers for each of their district offices. Formatting the information is easy, but remember that you'll need to quickly register with the site to make any edits if you haven't before (we do this to prevent vandals and spammers from mucking things up). When you've registered, come back to this page and then follow these steps:
- Open the link to a member's official site - this is the second, indented bullet point under the member's name labeled "official site" (it may be useful to open this up in a new window for copy-and-pasting purposes).
- Find the contact information for the member's district and Washington offices. It's different on every member's page, but you can usually find it under "contact."
- Now open the link to the member's Congresspedia page. It's the link with their name. This link will take you directly to the "Contact" section in their profile.
- Click the "" link next to the "Contact" heading.
- Delete the old 2006 campaign contact information and paste in the new information from the member's official site.
- Format accordingly (see the chart below for help).
- Click "Save page".
- You're done! Now go back to this page, click "edit" next to the name of the state the member is from, and delete that member's name of the list.
In case you're not familiar with how to format the information, below is a chart showing you how. There's also our handy cheat sheet. Also feel free to email the Congresspedia Managing Editor Conor Kenny directly at File:Conoremail.png if you have any questions.
Thanks and have fun!
|What you put in||What you get|
123 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515-3805
[http://www.house.gov/johnpeterson/contact.htm Web Email]
'''District Office - State College:'''
1524 West College Avenue
State College, PA 16801
'''District Office - Titusville:'''
127 West Spring Street, Suite C
Titusville, PA 16354
District Office - State College:
District Office - Titusville:
- Gus Bilirakis
- Vern Buchanan
- Kathy Castor
- Ron Klein
- Tim Mahoney
- Vern Buchanan
- Keith Ellison
- Amy Klobuchar
- Timothy Walz
- Michael Arcuri
- Yvette Clarke
- Kirsten Gillibrand
- John Hall
- Jim Jordan
- Zack Space
- Betty Sue Sutton
- Charlie Wilson
- Jason Altmire
- Chris Carney
- Bob Casey
- Patrick Murphy
- Joe Sestak