TRICARE Mental Health Services Enhancement Act
From OpenCongress Wiki
The TRICARE Mental Health Services Enhancement Act (H.R. 2739) was a bill in the 110th Congress "to amend title 10, United States Code, relating to payment of mental health counselors under TRICARE." (Official title.)
- Amends the TRICARE program (a Department of Defense (DOD) managed health care program) to authorize the provision of mental health counseling for TRICARE participants. Authorizes the provision of mental health services in DOD clinical trials.
- Amends the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1995 to authorize the Secretary of Defense to enter into personal service contracts with mental health counselors.
- Includes mental health counselors within DOD licensure requirements for health-care professionals.
Articles and resources
- ↑ OpenCongress’ info page on TRICARE Mental Health Services Enhancement Act (H.R.2739).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Govtrack’s info page on TRICARE Mental Health Services Enhancement Act (H.R.2739).