Congress LinksJune 18, 2009 - by Donny Shaw
- Treasury Secretary Geithner (above) defends his regulatory plans at a Senate Banking hearing (WSJ
- Tyler Cowen makes the case for making the Fed the systemic risk regulator (Marginal Revolution).
- Simon Johnson rips the Obama admin regulatory plan into pieces and doesn’t find much of substance (Baseline Scenario).
- …As does Barry Ritholtz (The Big Picture).
- Pelosi: “The American people want to know more of the ‘Secrets of the Temple,’” (Glenn Thrush).
- This one’s a few days old: Group of Dem senators team up to push Obama further on regulatory reform (Newsweek).
- The health care reform effort is running into some problems (Ezra Klein).
- Blue Dogs and New Dems team up to fight a public health care option (The Hill).
- Yale asks 11 environmental experts for their takes on Waxman-Markley (Yale Environment 360).
- Rep. Posey’s “birther” bill is picking up some co-sponsors (Washington Independent).
- Sen. Coburn’s “100 Questionable Stimulus Projects” (Option ARMarmageddon).
- Senate unanimously approves an official apology for slavery and segregation (AP).
- Read the full text of the Senate slavery-apology resolution (OpenCongress).
Have a link to share? Send it to us here.