Congress LinksJuly 9, 2009 - by Donny Shaw
- Sen. Ensign’s parents paid their son’s mistress (and her husband) $96,000 in “gifts.” (Roll Call).
- Blue Dog Rep. Murphy takes up the torch for repealing “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” (D-Day).
- Why just one public option? (Open Left).
- House Democrats are considering a surtax on the wealthy to pay for their health care bill (Wonk Room).
- Seven Members of Congress Say Panetta Testified That CIA Misled Congress (Washington Independent).
- Rep. King tries again to defend his vote against acknowledging the role of slaves in building the U.S. Capitol (Think Progress).
- Cap and trade in the Senate has been delayed until the fall (Grist).
- Sen. Burris, Obama’s controversial replacement, will not seek re-election in 2010 (The Hill).
- Majority of House supports bill to reverse dealer closings (Detroit News).
- “Criminalizing free speech: H.R. 1966, Sec. 881” (Atlas Shrugs).
- In Closed Bidding, Defense Contractor Gets $18M to Open Up Recovery.gov (techPresident).
- “Open government is about government as platform.” (John Geraci).
Have a link to share? Send it to us here.