July 24, 2009 - by Donny Shaw
- Republican Rep. readies legislation demanding the President apologize to Sgt. Crowley (The Hill).
- Secessionist Governor Rick Perry considering nullification of health care reform (Yglesias).
- Liberals petitioning: no vacation without passing health care reform (Fire Dog Lake).
- If they do go on vacation before finishing health care, it might not be the end of the world (538).
- Congress begins work on ending the crack/powder cocaine disparity (Tapped).
- Are the Blue Dogs principled, or are they just “mushy centrists”? (Steve Pearlstein).
- House votes to lift a 21-year ban on funding needle exchange programs (Washington Post).
- Open government, or “transparency theater”? (CQ).
- Geithner defends his regulatory overhaul to skeptical lawmakers (Marketplace).
- Regulators spar for turf in financial overhaul (NYTimes).
- Senate approves funds for fighting Iranian censorship (AFP).
- Thanks to action from Congress in 2007, the minimum wage went up 70 cents on Friday (ABC).
- House votes to research natural gas vehicles (OpenCongress).