August 5, 2009 - by Donny Shaw
- Senate health care talks focus in on expanding Medicaid (CQ).
- New poll: 50% favor, 45% oppose Obama’s plan to reform health care (CNN).
- Conservative protester hit up townhalls of congressmen from outside their district (D-Day).
- Is health care exhausting the political will needed to pass climate change legislation? (Politico).
- U.S. consumers spared big costs in climate bill (Reuters).
- Markey demands info on coal group’s role in forged climate-bill letters (Grist).
- Former Rep. Jefferson has officially been convicted in the cash-in-freezer case (CNN).
- Salon’s handy-dandy guide to refuting the Birthers (Salon).
- Sen. Feingold set to oppose further troop boost fro Afghanistan (Washington Independent).
- Republican Sen. Kit Bond says he will vote to confirm Judge Sonia Sotomayor (McClatchy).
- Sen. Leahy puts a hold on (some) drug war money from Mexico (The Agonist).
- Sens. Rockefeller (D) and Hutchison ( R) place a hold on Obama’s nominee for the Surface Transportation Board (Roll Call).
- Nice review from the National Journal’s “Under the Influence” blog of the OpenCongress redesign and new features (Under the Influence).
- Apparently, the Senate hates young people, tress and computers (Sunlight Foundation).