August 6, 2009 - by Donny Shaw
- Sotomayor confirmed by the Senate, 68-31 (New York Times).
- She’ll be sworn in on Saturday (Supreme Court).
- White House won’t rule out health care co-ops (Balance of Power).
- Unions take on tea-party health care protesters (HuffPo).
- Reid rejects health care deadlines (TPM DC).
- Senate subcommittee approves constitutional amendment to end gubernatorial appointments (CQ).
- Charles Rangel: “the lion of Harlem”(Time).
- Congress rarely passes unpopular legislation (Open Left).
- Senate votes on amendments to cash for clunkers(Senatus).
- 10 Senate Democrats issue warning on climate bill (New York Times).