August 31, 2009 - by Donny Shaw
- White House says Sen. Enzi has given up on “gang of six” negotiations (TPM).
- MA lawmakers will meet next week to consider appointing an interim senator (Boston Globe).
- Rep. Barton vows to repeal healthcare reform if it passes (Political Animal).
- Big banks lobby Congress to protect the OTC derivatives market (Bloomberg).
- So far at least, TARP is turning a profit (New York Times).
- Some Dems who co-sponsored the single-payer bill last year say they will vote against it this year (The Hill).
- Health care debate exposes regional rifts for Democrats (McClatchy).
- Sen. Grassley fundraises against healthcare reform (Ezra Klein).
- R.J. Reynolds sues the government over the tobacco regulation bill (AP).
- Senate climate bill delayed again Climate Progress).