September 21, 2009 - by Avelino Maestas
- With time ticking until the beginning of a new fiscal year, Congress is preparing an interim spending bill (The Caucus Blog).
- Congress presses for information on Bank of America/Merrill Lynch merger (Reuters).
- Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) calls for ACORN testimony before House oversight committee (Pollster.com).
- Lawmakers urges action on new Air Force tanker contract Seattle Post-Intelligencer).
- Senators call for end to bailout program, use of funds for deficit reduction (Houston Chronicle).
- Financial crisis panel might summon former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson (Reuters).