Your Guide to the WH Health Care SummitFebruary 25, 2010 - by Donny Shaw
If you’re looking for a good spot to watch today’s six-hour session of live health care wonk-out, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got the live video feed and tons of helpful contextualizing links posted right here. Watch along with us and share your observations in the comments section throughout the day.
The summit is expected to run from 10 a.m. ET until 4 p.m., with a break around noon for a buffet lunch. A rough sketch of the day’s schedule can be found here, and a full list of attendees, and some seating arrangement information, can be found here.
At right are all kinds of helpful links for catching up on what’s been happening in Congress with health care reform, but I’ll add a few more below as well.
First a few of the GOP health care bills that will probably come up in the discussion:
- H.R. 3400 – Empowering Patients First Act
- H.R. 3970 – Medical Rights and Reform Act
- H.R. 4529 – Roadmap for America’s Future Act
- H. Amdt. 510 – Common Sense Health Care Reform and Affordability Act (GOP substitute amendment)
A few more handy links:
- Dems looking beyond summit to final talks within party (WaPo)
- $28 mln of health industry contributions at the summit (America Blog)
- OC health care blog coverage.
Stay with us throughout the day on this page to watch the summit live, and please share your comments and observations below. You can also find us on Twitter, Facebook and Buzz, where we’ll be posting throughout the day on the summit, health care reform and other new about what’s happening in Congress.