Congress LinksJuly 13, 2010 - by Moshe Bildner
- Conservative commentary site “Dakota Voice” uses OpenCongress’s Head-to-Head Voting comparison tool to compare Rep. Herseth Sandlin (D-SD) to the Speaker of the House, Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA-08). Check out our comparison tool here, and Dakota Voice’s analysis here.
- Senator Jon Kyl (R-AZ) announced yesterday that though he objects to new deficit spending to extend unemployment benefits, the cost of tax cuts should “never have to be offset” (The Washington Post)
- Democrats are seeking to end Bush era tax cuts for those who make over $250,000. (The Washington Post)
- Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan, urges Congress to provide states with more funds to states in order to prevent the layoff of thousands of teachers. (USA Today)
- The Newark Examiner uses an OpenCongress blog post to explain why the emergency unemployment benefits have stalled in the Senate, and when they’re likely to be passed. Check it out here.
- Progress Illinois is linking to OpenCongress to explain the steps needed after obtaining the 60th vote to pass unemployment benefit extensions. Check it out here.