Congress LinksAugust 4, 2010 - by
Senators call for hearings on birthright citizenship, Maxine Waters wants her charges made public, and more in today’s Congress Links.
- Senators John Kyl [R-AZ] and Lindsey Graham [R-SC] call for hearings on the relevency of birthright citizenship. More coverage of this issue can be seen on our blog. (Washington Post)
- Rep. Maxine Waters [D-CA] wants the House Ethics Committee to release the finding of its investigation against her. (Politico)
- Senate Democrats put off environmental legislation that raise liability limits that oil companies pay for drilling. (Miami Herald)
- Senate Democrats seek Republican support to pass a $26 billion measure that would help states and local school boards with budgetary problems. (AP)
- President Obama needs approval from Congress to enact a pay freeze for senior political appointees. (AP)
- Sen. John Kerry [D-MA] has announced that the Senate Foreign Relations Committee will not vote on the new START treaty until mid-September. (The Hill)
- Sen. Harry Reid [D-NV] says he wants a vote on the Secret Holds Elimination Act, sponsored by Senators Chuck Grassley [R-IA], Claire McCaskill [D-MO], and Ron Wyden [D-OR]. (Senatus)
- A small-business bill that was expected to pass fairly easily is still stuck in the Senate. (The Hill)
Today’s Congress Links compiled by Jason Rhee and Hilary Worden. Photo courtsey of Daylife.