Congress LinksAugust 30, 2010 - by Hilary Worden
House Minority Leader Boehner proposes spending cuts of about the same amount as an extension of the Bush tax cuts would cost, Sen. Merkley says immigration reform is unlikely to go anywhere this year, and more in today’s Congress links.
- Rep. John Boehner [R-OH] proposes $700 billion in spending cuts, though they would be cancelled out by an extension of the Bush tax cuts. (The Hill)
- Sen. Jeff Merkley [D-OR] says he doesn’t expect immigration reform to get through Congress this year. (The Hill)
- Congress considers an expansion of qualified Agent Orange disabilities. (Politico)
- A White House advisory board submits suggestions for improving the tax code to Congress. (Washington Post)
- The Senate may consider stem cell legislation; a committee hearing is scheduled for the middle of next month. (National Journal)
Image of Sen. Merekely, above, courtesy of Daylife. Questions, comments? writeus attt opencongress doooottt org.