June 13, 2007 - by Donny Shaw
- “The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee approved legislation Tuesday that would require federal agencies to make their buildings more environmentally friendly by substantially cutting carbon emissions.” – GovExec. Learn more about the bill here.
- S.1257, “a bill to provide the District of Columbia a voting seat and the State of Utah an additional seat in the House of Representatives,” was approved 9-1 today by the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. More here.
- TPMmuckracker is reporting on the House and Senate Judiciary Committees’ subpoenas to former Karl Rove aide Sara Taylor and former White House counsel Harriet Miers.
- The Capitolist – an anonymous, uncensored messageboard for Hill staffers only. Could be interesting…
- Earlier today, The House passed a bill to improve Background Checks for potential gun buyers .Senator Chuck Schumer (D, NY) is predicting that it will be smooth sailing for the bill in the Senate.
- “The congressional spending season began with a blowup over earmarks in the House yesterday, as the first bill to reach a vote prompted a White House veto threat and scores of amendments from Republicans furious with Democrats’ handling of pet-project spending in the measures.” – The Washington Post
- “Denouncing a provision that would make gasoline price gouging illegal, the White House late Tuesday signaled the president is likely to veto a pending U.S. Senate ”http://www.opencongress.org/bill/110-h6/show">energy bill." – Nasdaq News